So, all this time I've followed the advice of the Old Timers on valve adjustment:

"Make sure she's STONE COLD!":oldgit:

In the interest of science and precision, I've developed a repeatable method to ensure the proper degree of coldness.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

.. a repeatable method to ensure the proper degree of coldness.

Unless you're hands are as stonecold as the rest it's always a good idea to wear gloves like you did on these pix. Otherwise the measurements would have been useless - your hot grip having totaly spoiled the results. I myself also wear tiny white and silky gloves each time I check the tire pressure for instance. I really have to explain it from time to time to ignorant spectators, but who cares if "you have a shaft like mine" :grin:

Hubert

Stone Cold= 52-53 degrees farenheit. Its the shell temp of the earth average, heat pumps, red wine and valve adjustment all depend upon it. Silly, the detritus that lays in ones mind.

"Detritus" now I know what to call that stuff in my head.

Stone Cold= 52-53 degrees farenheit. Its the shell temp of the earth average, heat pumps, red wine and valve adjustment all depend upon it. Silly, the detritus that lays in ones mind.

Uh oh, my stones are just not that cold . . .