Aluminum Fuel Tank

ponti_33609

Have dropped Alu-Tank a mail today to hear if they are in business for a fixing a handful of alloy tanks for our beasts. Will post their reply.

Tara

Søren

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is what Friedhelm wrote me:

Hi Sören,

i dont have build tanks and seats for the v11 at this time. maybe in the future.

please look in a few weeks on my website, when there are tanks and seats for the v11, i will post it there.

best regards

friedhelm

BR

Søren

Hi Sören,

i dont have build tanks and seats for the v11 at this time. maybe in the future.

please look in a few weeks on my website, when there are tanks and seats for the v11, i will post it there.

best regards

friedhelm

BR

Søren

He has told me the couple weeks in the past. I have e-mailed him about 4 times in the past 2 years. I have decided to go to the Tank Shop!

Bob

Hi Sören,

best regards

friedhelm

BR

Søren

He has told me the couple weeks in the past. I have e-mailed him about 4 times in the past 2 years. I have decided to go to the Tank Shop!

Bob

Hi,

the problem is, i need a sample bike.

Many customers promised me a motorcycle to make disposal. But so far I have received none.

If I get a motorcycle, it is also possible to build a tank in the short term.

Greetings

Friedhelm

Don't forget there is difference between tanks: pre 2002 the fuel pump is outside. My 2001 tank is available as a model if you want, but I guess you need a complete bike?

FWIW, John at the Tank Shop has built for the red frame bikes. Off the top of his head he descriped all the connections under my tank so I feel good about that. No idea how long it will take. He said he has everything he needs to fabricate it so might be less than the 20 weeks he lists on his web-site. Either way, I am not in a hurray and glad to be on "the list". He was difficult to catch. Tried on an off for a few hours and I didn't speak to him for long.....sounded like a very busy guy.

Bob

from what I have seen, the tank shop builds tanks in more or less daytona shape, not in v11 shape. Friedhelm has build daytona tanks, so could do that again. But the v11 tail won't fit

Hi Paul,

When I spoke with John, he said he was building a replica V11 tank. He has a pic on his site. My goal in the short term is to use my existing tail. This pic is on his site under "Your Bikes"

Bob

v11a.gif

Apart from the better looks (to be honest I question that) does an aluminium tank have any advantages over the plastic OEM?

Good Question. I am guessing it is purely cosmetic really. This being said I do get quite put off that it is nearly impossible to get my plastic on back on whenever I take it off. I really "bang" her hard to get her on as she has expanded so much. If I didn't get this my next step would be to elongate the hole to give me another half an inch. Where I am currently working (Knock Wood), this seems like the right time for this foolishness! :D

Bob

John at the Tank Shop will basically build whatever you want within reason, as long as you are patient.

Aluminium is fragile, needs regular polishing (unless you like the dull grey look)but it very light and some may find the extra tank range of a larger tank useful- mine is approx 27 litres meaning I could squeeze 300 miles out of it.

But the main reason for an alu tank is SHINY SHINY!!!