Aluminum Fuel Tank

ponti_33609

Just a thought: with the increase of ethanol percentage in fuel, it's also a good idea to go the alu way.

True, John did mention that as well. Because I ride primarily in the city it was not an added bonus for me though but would be for many folks!

Bob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I have seen, the tank shop builds tanks in more or less daytona shape, not in v11 shape. Friedhelm has build daytona tanks, so could do that again. But the v11 tail won't fit

Hi Paul,

When I spoke with John, he said he was building a replica V11 tank. He has a pic on his site. My goal in the short term is to use my existing tail. This pic is on his site under "Your Bikes"

Bob

Well that is a cafe racer tank, nothing to do with the bulky v11 tank. An alu tank is around 3.5kg where the plastic is 7 kg. The steel daytona tank is also 7 kg.

Well that is a cafe racer tank, nothing to do with the bulky v11 tank. An alu tank is around 3.5kg where the plastic is 7 kg. The steel daytona tank is also 7 kg.

Hi Paul,

I am a bit confused (easy to do). Are you saying you do not think the Tank Shop tank pictured does not look like our V11 "bulbous" tank? To my eyes I think it looks very close. I hope to use, at least in the short term, my stock tail. According to John Williams, he said it is a replica and will integrate with my stock pieces. Am I missing something? :notworthy:

Bob

v11a.gif

• 4 weeks later...