September 12th Catskills Update ! Maps with 2 Options

mznyc

I'm pretty bad at google Maps but here she is

Proposal #1 Start point is about 2 hours from the city,should take 5 hrs 40 mins without stops.A couple roads are not here and a piece of 209 will be eliminated so should be pretty close to estimated time.Add in about an hour for lunch,gas,and photo ops and I think 7.5 hrs total should be close.

Proposed Route #1 http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106296942513718059373.00048f1fbe9def8d4bfc9&ll=41.81892,-74.189644&spn=0.080341,0.181789&z=13

Option #2 is about an hour from the city and would take about 5hrs with lunch,if anyone had to bail early,we would never be farther than a half hour from the Palisades or Taconic Parkway.

Proposed Route #2 http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=106296942513718059373.00048fa3a857243b13d7e&ll=41.434683,-73.790016&spn=0.040411,0.090895&z=14

Post up if your possible,probable or definite,which route you prefer,what time you want to be back.

Michael :drink:

status/route preference/Better half's required time to return,before she goes all Lorena Bobbit on ya,...

1) mznyc +1 Definite/either route/anytime :race:

2) fasted+1 probable/either route/?

3) Falconlion ?/#2/?

I'm pretty bad at google Maps but here she is

Proposal #1 Start point is about 2 hours from the city,should take 5 hrs 40 mins without stops.A couple roads are not here and a piece of 209 will be eliminated so should be pretty close to estimated time.Add in about an hour for lunch,gas,and photo ops and I think 7.5 hrs total should be close.

Proposed Route #1 http://maps.google.c...fc9&ll=41.81892,-74.189644&spn=0.080341,0.181789&z=13

Option #2 is about an hour from the city and would take about 5hrs with lunch,if anyone had to bail early,we would never be farther than a half hour from the Palisades or Taconic Parkway.

Proposed Route #2 http://maps.google.c...7e&ll=41.434683,-73.790016&spn=0.040411,0.090895&z=14

Post up if your possible,probable or definite,

Michael drink.gif

I ride in the area all the time so I would prefer not to stray too far north. So, for me option 2 is the better one. Also I think I have passed that restraunt a few times but have never stopped there to eat. Besides I can leave on Sunday morning and be at rendevue point by 8:30-9:30am depending on what time we will decide to meet up. By the way if you own Gamin navigation then Mad Maps sells really nice road maps. These can be downloaded into your Nav unit and you also get paper copies as well.

Here is the link to Mad Maps

1 mznyc Definite :race:

Hi , I'm in,any route is good for me. I do a fair amount of riding in the #2 spot. just have to be carefull of the LEO's in the parks. I will be riding up with my son. He on a 09 Triumph Sprint ST if that OK wiht you.Just need start time. Thanks Ed

Ed it's no problem if your son comes along,I well know about the LEO's,just don't ask me ,HOW, I know :whistle: We'll be running at moderate pace,especially in the parks and towns.If I lead ,I stop at every intersection till everyone catches up .

Those Mad maps are cool FL but I dont do GPS on the bike,love maps and I don't think the electrical system could handle it :grin: .

We'll agree on a start time later in the week once we have a head count,probably Friday or Saturday.

OK,looks like option #2 is the winner.

I'm thinking about 10 am as the kickstand up time at the meet point.There is a Dunkin Donut and gas station there,according to GMaps, if anybody will need those services.I will shoot to be there by 930,to get a cuppa Joe,BS,go over ride rules.

Ride should take about 5hrs with lunch and the 3 optional spurs I added on there.Top of Bear Mountain,218 to Storm King,and the few miles on 202.We can trim any and all those if were running short of time.So this would get us to either the Taconic or 84 between 3-4pm.

Friendly reminder to make sure your ride is good condition,preflight walkaround,cold tire pressures checked,all paperwork in order and on your person and bring/print out maps if you don't know the area well,(I do and always carry a map,just in case)and might want to break off early.

Weather's looking dodgy,but as always could change so we'll play that by ear,as they are wrong occasionally.Probably make that call Saturday night.If it looks like scattered showers,I'll stil, be up for it,if it's a washout we'll reschedule.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll and seeing more than 1 V11 in one place!

OK,looks like option #2 is the winner.

I'm thinking about 10 am as the kickstand up time at the meet point.There is a Dunkin Donut and gas station there,according to GMaps, if anybody will need those services.I will shoot to be there by 930,to get a cuppa Joe,BS,go over ride rules.

Ride should take about 5hrs with lunch and the 3 optional spurs I added on there.Top of Bear Mountain,218 to Storm King,and the few miles on 202.We can trim any and all those if were running short of time.So this would get us to either the Taconic or 84 between 3-4pm.

Friendly reminder to make sure your ride is good condition,preflight walkaround,cold tire pressures checked,all paperwork in order and on your person and bring/print out maps if you don't know the area well,(I do and always carry a map,just in case)and might want to break off early.

Weather's looking dodgy,but as always could change so we'll play that by ear,as they are wrong occasionally.Probably make that call Saturday night.If it looks like scattered showers,I'll stil, be up for it,if it's a washout we'll reschedule.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll and seeing more than 1 V11 in one place!

Just checked the weather on www.Weather.com and it looks crappy. sad.gif It shows that chance of rain is 40%. I hope it will change but I doubt. I will check tomorrow.

40% chance of rain is 60% chance of dry :grin: Still 36 hrs and I'll be an optimist here. :whistle:

I'll post up around 9-10pm tomorrow night when I get the latest forecast.

A local and I are suppossed to meet at 8am and take the backroads down to Stony Point.If it still looks iffy and we do meet at 8am ,I'll post up real time accounts on whats going on up here.May give us an hour or so of a later start but still give us a nice day of riding if it remains dry :thumbsup:

So forecast hasn't changed much,30% chance of showers.Earlier Weather.com said showers shouldn't come in till late in the day,..

So with that ,I'll still be willing to meet up with any harder souls,post up or PM me.If it's raining when I get up I'll post up if I think I need to cancel,probably by 8am so please check thread before you leave.

Michael

So forecast hasn't changed much,30% chance of showers.Earlier Weather.com said showers shouldn't come in till late in the day,..

So with that ,I'll still be willing to meet up with any harder souls,post up or PM me.If it's raining when I get up I'll post up if I think I need to cancel,probably by 8am so please check thread before you leave.

Michael

Hi I'm in. need to ride, rain not a problem .leaving my house by 7:30. ED

Cool Ed,

Your on!Too bad it wasn't today,I was Westpoint(working) and it was perfect.I'll be at the meet point about 930 unless it's a downpour when I'm leaving.

Michael

Cool Ed,

Your on!Too bad it wasn't today,I was Westpoint(working) and it was perfect.I'll be at the meet point about 930 unless it's a downpour when I'm leaving.

Michael

I will check the weather before I had out (around 8 am). It doesn't look too good. If its drizzling I am out. I have no problems riding in the rain if I am caught while riding but I don't enjoy it. I will not willingly ride if I know I will get rained in

Let see if the weather decides to change

Cool Ed,

Michael

Hi Michael, I just checked weather channel rain all ready in NJ. So I'm opting out of riding today. 40% looks like 100%. Ed

I'll start a new thread,later as internet's crawling now,but I'm thinking the new dates will be October 2 AND 3rd,do a Catskill( revised Route #1 with an extra hundred miles er so) run on Saturday and a lower Hudson Valley (essentially Route #2) run on Sunday for anyone that can only do a one day ride.

Saturday October 9th would also be possible I might have to work on Sunday the 10th ,not sure yet.

Just throwing these out there so people can check schedules/better halfs and mull over.

Hopefully those members in the area who couldn't make it last weekend may be up for these alt dates and we could turn this baby into something bigger!

Michael