Crankshaft question PLEASE HELP

cycles4fun

Hey guys I need an expert opinion. Other then balancing, Is a crank from a V1100 California and a V1100 Lemans the same. The answer is obvious as the part numbers are different, however if its only a minor balance change this could easily be corrected with rebalancing. I understand the pistons are likely a different weight which will require a different balance. I need a good crank for my 2003 Lemans motor or undersize bearings and a remachining. I can get a good motor for just a bit more then it would cost to rebuild my crank plus I get all the other bonus parts. If the crank is significantly different then its obviously not worth it. I dont mind rebalancing it as I'm going with different pistons anyway. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Hey guys I need an expert opinion. Other then balancing, Is a crank from a V1100 California and a V1100 Lemans the same. The answer is obvious as the part numbers are different, however if its only a minor balance change this could easily be corrected with rebalancing. I understand the pistons are likely a different weight which will require a different balance. I need a good crank for my 2003 Lemans motor or undersize bearings and a remachining. I can get a good motor for just a bit more then it would cost to rebuild my crank plus I get all the other bonus parts. If the crank is significantly different then its obviously not worth it. I dont mind rebalancing it as I'm going with different pistons anyway. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Sorry gentelmen, I just realized I have asked this question previously "crankshaft interchangability" but really never got an answer. Perhaps someone has a new take on this topic.

Sorry gentelmen, I just realized I have asked this question previously "crankshaft interchangability" but really never got an answer. Perhaps someone has a new take on this topic.

Just off the tio of my head the stroke is the same and they both use a Ducati alternator. Ipso facti they should be interchangeable. Bearing sixes have been the same since God was a boy.

Pete

Just off the tio of my head the stroke is the same and they both use a Ducati alternator. Ipso facti they should be interchangeable. Bearing sixes have been the same since God was a boy.

Pete

Thanks Pete, Yea I figured the same just did not want to be stuck with a boat anchor of a crank. I have not weighed each to compare. I guess If I want to play it safe I should just get the bearings and get it done. Like most Guzzi guys I'm a bit of a tight wad so always looking for a bargain!

why not buy Carl Allisons V11 sport motor, it's ugly outside but nice inside.. He's ready to almost give it away.. located in Ok or Arizona i think.. he's on the wildguzzi site. tell him fotoguzzi sent ya!