Seventh South'n Spine Raid 2011

docc

... Thanks to V11LeMans.com and TellicoMotorcycleOutfitters as well as the lodges at tellico for making it all possible! ...

I second the motion. AND, thanks to docc and all who make it more like a family reunion. I have been inspired to detail my bike...it cannot remain the dirtiest spine in America. Keep smiling. k

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to all for a great event. Being part of the Stelvio Lightning group it just seemed appropriate to hang a left on 315 to start my homeward journey and to stop off in Dahlonega for a bottle of water. I did experience some "interesting" wind and rain event as I came across Monteagle but otherwise it was simply a joyous weekend, great crowd, lots of great food (+3 lbs when I stepped on the scales at home) and blissful weather.

Thanks again for letting me tag along!

Rick

Yes, great fun.

Will threaten you with 250+ photos later this week :rolleyes: , but here's one for now ...

DSC_0163.JPG

Bill

+2 from me including a Nekid picture of your spousal unit. (I'll send that to you for editing)...

Yes, great fun.

Will threaten you with 250+ photos later this week :rolleyes: , but here's one for now ...

DSC_0163.JPG

Bill

Yes, great fun.

Will threaten you with 250+ photos later this week rolleyes.gif , but here's one for now ...

DSC_0163.JPG

Bill

Bill(and anyone else),

Send me pics to show ME what I missed.

Gene

Looking forward to the link offered to us by the friendly fellow at the lodge who rode ahead and photographed us each passing on the Cherohala.And I know Bill will have us hooked up with a fabulous slide show (any undignified pictures of me bending over are Photoshopped!).

Here is one of my favorites of two of the fine-spines: Andy York on his 82,000 mile LeMans and Josh on that gorgeous '96 Sport after a very sweet run through the Gulfs of TN Hwy 30:

DSCN0665.JPG

Looking forward to the link offered to us by the friendly fellow at the lodge who rode ahead and photographed us each passing on the Cherohala.And I know Bill will have us hooked up with a fabulous slide show (any undignified pictures of me bending over are Photoshopped!).

Here is one of my favorites of two of the fine-spines: Andy York on his 82,000 mile LeMans and Josh on that gorgeous '96 Sport after a very sweet run through the Gulfs of TN Hwy 30:

Nice pic, docc.

As for your scandalous allegation, we shall see. :whistle:

Unfortunately, I have to be in central Texas next three days, but it wi-fi will let me, I'll piddle with the pix and see if I can post while out there.

Bill

Does he send that Sport to the dry cleaners after EVERY ride?

So sorry I didn't make it. Between the job(s) and the girlfriend(s), I had trouble with the scheduling. Besides, I'm starting to think that my NOT being there helps to ensure better weather for those who are.

Maybe next year.

Scott

Finally finished pix. Have been in Texas most of week, and business ... and my hosts' entertainment (including my first visit -- I lead a sheltered life -- to a Tilted Kilt, with two women lawyers as guides!) have kept me too occupied to work the pix. War is heck.

Anyway, here is a slideshow of the South'n Spine Raid VII of last weekend. What a great time. Thanks, Docc and all.

South'n Spine Raid VII Pix

Bill (& Kathi)

Excellent photos Bill. Looks like a great trip. Do you have your camera set to take photos at timed intervals or do you have a remote switch hooked up for easily taking shots whenever you choose?

Excellent photos Bill. Looks like a great trip. Do you have your camera set to take photos at timed intervals or do you have a remote switch hooked up for easily taking shots whenever you choose?

Thank you. It was great fun. Talking with docc now off-line about the 2012 dates, as I intend to ride or fly back for it from my year-long "short tour" in Rock Island ... which, gasp, starts next week. :(

Have experimented with lots of point-and-shoots, and now (mostly) use a Nikon D3000, an "entry level" DSLR.

IMG00167-20100628-1149s.jpg

For a number of reasons, I use the camera's ordinary shutter release. Had a remote, but it was a minor PITA; the standard release is easy to use, even with gloves. Have tried automatic bursts and done OK, but mostly just hit (and miss) as opportunity strikes.

More than you would likely ever want to read about the motofoto struggle here: http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/169/1362.html

Bill