New 2010 Grisio 8V!

Tony C

Hi All,

I have just this week picked up my new Griso 8V. All I can say is :grin:

Initial impressions:

Definitely more power than the V11! I am going to have to be careful with this it tacks up real quick and you are moving!

Very quick throttle response. Very responsive.

Engine is smooth. A bit of lean surge at low speeds, but that is normal with these smog down bikes...but nothing bad. It is actually better behaved around town than the V11. I am very happy with the way it runs. Very nice ergonomics for me.

Seems to feel much, much lighter than the V11. Feels much more nimble. Rode it back on the back roads, Calaveras back to my place.

Very nice brakes.

Fit and finish very high quality. Very nice looking bike.

I will definitely need a tank bag and a small faring.

Here are some pictures.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/V11Tony/

Tony C

Yes the stickers need to come off. I have to figure out how to do it. From what I heard it is not easy; can be done with a hair dryer. I am also going to remove the reflectors...

Tony C

Tony, on my now sadly defunct Griso Pinko I found that once they were warm, (I removed the stickers in LA in June, it was pretty warm if you left the bike in the sun.) and soaked in some sort of lizard piss of the WD-40 variety you could attack tem with a credit/charge card type thingy and they came off with no damage to the paint underneath. I think it took me about 40 minutes all up but I did them one at a time with breaks in between to avoid frustration and the risk of damage. Why, since they insist on this 'Information for Idiots' be available with the bike they can't just put it on a label that can be shown to the customer on purhase and then cut off I don't know?? Stupid nanny-statism at its worst!!!

Pete

Hot water works well, you just have to warm up the glue and they will peel off easily. Use a soft cloth and just keep wiping on the sticker till you can get an edge started. It is amazing the amount of warnings they feel we require. However a short trip to a Box store will confirm the necessity. :!:

Tony, on my now sadly defunct Griso Pinko I found that once they were warm, (I removed the stickers in LA in June, it was pretty warm if you left the bike in the sun.) and soaked in some sort of lizard piss of the WD-40 variety you could attack tem with a credit/charge card type thingy and they came off with no damage to the paint underneath. I think it took me about 40 minutes all up but I did them one at a time with breaks in between to avoid frustration and the risk of damage. Why, since they insist on this 'Information for Idiots' be available with the bike they can't just put it on a label that can be shown to the customer on purhase and then cut off I don't know?? Stupid nanny-statism at its worst!!!

Pete

Good info. on removing the labels. Yes, stupid nanny-state nonsense at its best!! Especially here in the Golden State, we have too many lawyers...Don't get me started...

Tony C

Very nice but why all the text on the tank ? Is that required in the States ? Are you expected to revise at traffic lights ? More importantly can you pull it all off and leave the paint in place ? :D

USA smog requirements. It took me a long time to peel the stickers off of my V7 Café. If I ever move back to California (which I won't), I'll have to order and install of those stickers prior to the smog check for registration. What a PITA.

Pete

For a while there, some motorcycle manufacturers cast the gear lever positions into the side of transmission housing. Yep, just look down to see what to do next. Crunch...

Pete

For a while there, some motorcycle manufacturers cast the gear lever positions into the side of transmission housing. Yep, just look down to see what to do next. Crunch...

This stuff just drives me mad. How could anyone in their right mind think this sort of cr*p is necessary ? I didn't see any stickers on Arnie's Harley in Terminator ! That's just irresponsible. Think I need to put the beer down. Hic.

• 4 months later...

Stickers are easy:

I did this on a Ducati's fork reflectors, and frame stickers.

Warm up the sticker with a hairdryer, don't let it sit too long in one spot....then gently lift a corner while still blowing the hot air on it. Gently peel it off.

I immediately took the stickers (glue still warm) and stuck them on a piece of paper in order to save them, and flattened them out nicely. Kept them in my compartment under the seat in a ziplock baggie along with the registration and insurance card.

Then use GOO-GONE...it works wonders but might leave a little residue. Just wipe it clean with windex, or just wash the bike well and finish with wax!

Left no marks on my old Ducati Monster 620.

I still have not taken the stickers off since I have been having too much fun riding it. But I will be working on that soon. I may keep the one the the venting and circuit diagram but the rest are going in the trash.

I am in California and there is no check for this year bike, so I am good.

Tony C