California Vintage

mikie

My friend with my old Calvin is in need of a used ujoint. 

If anyone has an old one with ujoints that are bad he would still be interested in it. He may be able to source the ujoints by themselves and rebuild it. 

The one on his bike is most likely rebuildable too but he does not know the dimensions of the ujoint.

If anyone has one that they can measure, then he could order the parts.

I think the ujoint assembly is the same from late 2003 up to 2012.

The bike is his only transportation.

Thanks

He ordered a whole new assembly yesterday. Since the bike is his daily driver, he was hoping that someone could measure so he would know what to order to repair the old one.

I think that when he gets the new part and installs it, he will measure the ujoint and fix the old one as a spare. I am not sue why, as the original lasted 88K miles.

I will most likely go help him with the job.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moto Guzzi California 1100 – Adjusting Magneti Marelli IAW 15M / 15RC Injection Systems
This video was the hardest one to create. "Zucchi" an experienced fellow Guzzi rider/mechanic from Germany  supported me on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sehr gut. Sehr klar. What I did was attach two VOM terminals to the non-terminated leads on the breakout harness. Just one less fiddly thing for my old fumble-fingers to do.

IMG_3112.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

Hey all,

came across this thread. Looks like I am about to add a Calvin to keep the V11 company.. do we still have any fans here? 

My friend is the new owner of Biesels bike. Lovely machine…

• Like 2

I have always thought the California Vintage the finest iteration of that Tonti framed "cruiser" Guzzi.

I am partial to the black, but they are both very handsome, IMO.

Which is yours, @Bingbong?

• Like 1

Hey Doc,

I have a black cali vintage coming. 2008. It has a single seat conversion and retro Eldorado style side panels. looks fun but I will put the standard skunk seat back on. I need to figure out how to post pictures...

• Thanks 1

Me either, not sure if it's a one off. The previous owner is a member of the Guzzi club Genova. I will ask him where those came from. 

• Like 1