mikie

California Vintage

47 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The best windshield by far (IMHO) for the Tontis is the original Califia (?) fairing. The name escapes me at the moment. :oldgit:When I had the Jack-All as a solo bike, I could put the big hand on 90 and smoke a cigarette if I smoked. Yes, as Pete sez, they are as ugly as a bag of farty assholes, but pretty is as pretty does.

IMG_3682.JPG

God's teeth! If that thing was a baby it's mother would of strangled it at birth!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Did you clear any faults before trying to change the CO + engine over 60 deg C

Ciao

Iirc, I cleared one tps fault, that I attributed to me turning the tps minutes earlier while setting it to .157.

The link to wg that Biesel posted, I had already printed out, but after reading it for the umpteenth time, I missed the little step of leaving the key/ignition on but turning off the kill switch when doing the changes.

I had a very tough time getting guzzidiag to work smoothly for me, no matter how much I disabled virus ware/security settings etc, Windows 10 on my laptop kept shutting down and deleting the reader program, so when I finally got it connected and working right, I just jumped right into it.

I was shocked how long it took to get the engine up to 60 degrees, but once it did, guzzidiag seemed like it was going to let me make the change and It looked so intuitive on the computer screen,  but I think I short stroked it and missed the kill switch step.

Tks

Kelly

Swanee Aerofoil. Just remembered when I was walking up from the shop. :oldgit::grin:

From the piece I have cutt off of my second windshield I have created my homemade "Laminar Lip".

20200625-183203.jpg 20200625-194459.jpg 20200625-193840.jpg

I will test this solution next week. The 3M Duo Lock pads should stay untouched for 48h if possible.
I must admit this looks ... strange...

• Like 1

I just test rode the CalVin with my "homemade Laminar Lip" yesterday. The buffeting and the wind noise is a bit less but I could not feel a difference to my test-setup with tape.

20200629-184458.jpg 20200629-184513.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 8:51 AM, pete roper said:

God's teeth! If that thing was a baby it's mother would of strangled it at birth!

Ha, well I dunno... I kinda like it  ;)

Great and immensely helpful thread BTW.  I've had my eye on a CalVin for a few years.  Still not sure I'll pursue one, but they are a neat bike.

The opening around the headlight should allow air to flow to help equalize the pressure on the windscreen and keep buffeting down. Try moving the screen up if possible to allow more air in and re test. My $.02

Paul B:bier: