Throttlemeister

wildbill

Does anyone know what Throttlemesiter application is correct for the Le Mans? The person I talked to at the manufacturer indicated they didn't make one for the V11 or V11 Le Mans, but I saw one on JohnInNh's bike... any help would be appreciated! ;)

As you can see there was already a lot of info on the Throttlemeister. I'll change the settings s o that all topics are included in the search...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received my new Throttlemeister (the heavy model for the Aprillia, as you folks including JohnInNH posted - thanks John!), added a set of GelGrips (Pro Grips) and what a difference! Less of the high-frequency buzz that puts my hands to sleep and the "cruise control" works like a charm! $150ish really well spent, I highly recommend it to anyone that finds the stock grips too hard and the buzz (slight as it is) annoying... ;) Now I wish the dang rain would stop but you can't have everything!

Guest JohnInNH

Bill,

Where did you get the grips? $? How was the removal, re-install? Sometimes I think the stock grips are a bit to slim, and hard.

Glad you also like the Throttlemeister setup!

John

I also added a Throttlemeister to my '02 LeMans. Works great! Instead of expensive gel grips, I simply went to K-Mart and purchased some black foam bicycle grips (they are for the older style 10-speed bicycles with the "ram" style handlebars). As stated on a pior post, they come in 10 inch lengths so cut about 1 inch longer than needed, and slip on the existing grips using a little dish soap and water for lubricant. Let dry overnight. You won't believe how good they look.

Lastly, the Throttlemeister part number you need for all V11 Sport and LeMans (years '00-'02) is: # FH-APR1-H. B)

JohnInNH: the Gels were about $20 with shipping from Harper's, installation was easy and the fit is perfect. A little soapy water and let 'em dry overnight. I really notice the difference at certain RPM's... there may be cheaper alternatives but after paying for a new Guzzi, $20 seems like nothin' but a cup of coffee... anyway, thanks again for the heads-up on the Throttlemeister, once I get my Techno bags in (will the damn things ever get here?) I should be all set... except for maybe that FBF slip-on! D'OH! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I just got back from about a 150 mile ride, my first with the throttlemeister bar end units installed. What a great addition this is! :D Not only are they effective at reducing the vibes on my Rosso buzz-bars, but the "cruise"setting is really helpful when you are chucking down the miles on the ol interstate.

I decided to go with these to replace a stock bar end that had....mysteriously...

vibrated off somewhere on Hwy 101! :o

Another satisfied Throttlemeister owner, :thumbsup:

I emailed Throttlemeister a few weeks back asking about fitment onto Pro-taper style aluminum bars. I never heard back. If somebody knows which style to order (hopefully available in the heavy style) I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Al,

My Throttlemeister units were threaded and screwed into the ends of the bars

Andy

Aluminum bars are much thicker than steel bars. The ID on an aluminum bar is about 1/4-3/8" instead of the normal 5/8" on steel bars. BTW, I'm pulling those numbers out of my a$$- I haven't measured. The point is that he ID is considerably smaller on alu bars.

J