Throttlemeister

wildbill

On my 2001 v11 Sport the stock bar ends are actually about 3-4" long.. the extension goes up into the bar. I tried a set of the aprilia heavy throttlemeister, but the thread on the throttlemeister was coarser than the stock bar ends and wouldn't fit..

So.. several questions..

1) Are the bar ends on the V11 Sport (2001) different than subsequent years and models ?

2) Is there a throttlemeister that will fit the threads ?

3) Or am I looking at compression fitting if I want to change to the throttlemeister.

Thanks, Tim

1) Nope, although the 2001/2002 models adopted the long bar damping rod, they all are basically the same with regard to threads, etc...

2) I dunno if there is a newer threaded model, but the model they sent me 2 years ago is a compression type, which works fine BTW

3) ...see above ^_^

Al,

My Throttlemeister units were threaded and screwed into the ends of the bars

Andy

Ahh, in the last couple years, they must have "made"(or discovered) a threaded version that fits :thumbsup:

Although they had a photo of a Rosso Mandello on the web-page at the time, they told me that I was the first customer with a V11 MG to buy a set, so they were unsure what to provide and gave me a compression set. I find that statement doubtful, as the V11 Sport had been out for 2 years by 2002, but whatever :rolleyes:

Glad to hear they have it more figured out now.

al

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roadslayer

Well it looks like you beat me to it. I thought I had the only answer for Throttlemeister bar ends. Yes the part # is the Aprillia part number and it's a 5 minute installation. They work great as the throttle goes and lessen the already pleasant throttle 'thrum' as I've heard it called. "Cheers" Roadslayer