Tenni #105 wrinkle paint

Ducman62

I know there are places here that address this problem I just can't find them (dummy me).

If someone could send me the right place for this info it would be greatly appreciated. I started to take it off with a wire wheel brush, but this may not be the way to go. Is there a chemical out there that will take it off or just alot of scrubbing required? :rolleyes:

I plan to re-paint with the Harley wrinkle paint.

Hi Ducman and welcome to the club of black wrinkle wonders. Been there myself when my Scura turned into a warthog.

See this thread for more info.

Best of luck!

Søren

I used the black wrinkle spray paint from an auto parts store and it looks better than the stuff on my engine cases. I never had a problem with my engine cases but I was playing with a design on my valve covers and the stuff really looks good. Good old fashioned paint stripper should take the old paint off the cases. Spend the extra buck or two and get the stronger paint remover. It will make your job a lot easier.

• 2 years later...

Have done the cases on both of my bikes. Aircraft Remover from the auto paint section in walmart and harley texture black from the dealer work really well. The aircraft remover is in a spray can, so mask the timing chest, cylinders, trans, and oil pan really well. Use a wire brush about tooth brush size and water hose to get the old paint off. Let it dry over night and re-mask if needed before paint. Also cover all body panels with old towels or sheets as the paint spray can travel with the breeze.