Any other Ghezzi Brian Sport Monzas in the US?

juicersr

Ok, so i havent exactly been active on this forum since i bought my GB STW1100 several years ago, been mostly a lurker for this and that.

Anyhow, about a year ago, i got the itch to build a Sport Monza, so in bass-ackward fashion bought the kit from Bruno first and then bought the 2001 V11 in San Francisco and rode it all the way across country to my home in NC with my buddy. Here is a thread on that adventure for those interested http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/542184-guzzi-carrera-cross-country-sprint-reflections-perfect-match.html

Anyhow, work and other contraints have kept me from building the bike. In the meantime, i loaned the bike to my brother who proceeded to take it apart and fix all the little stuff. However, we kept talking about while it got the job done as a tourer cross country, she was really a sport bike in pig's clothing looking at the Sport Monza pix.

Soooo, several weeks ago, i dropped the Sport Monza kit off with him, planning on doing it as a summer project.

Well, lo and behold, without my knowledge, my bro proceeded to build the damn thing himself!!!! I show up yesterday and he tells me he has a surprise....

We still have to source the KN filter pods, and were going to use this digital speedo http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/db01r-multi-function-200-p.asp (anyone have any experience with it) as it is much less $$ than GB unit. Also need to work on fitting the tank better as the mounting holes were off considerably.

Stay tuned for more pix and video. This thing is totally bad-azz in person. I might even leave the stock open pipes as is they seem to fit the agressive look of the bike so much.

Does anyone know how to upload hi res pix on this site. It keeps bitch slapping me.

Guzzi Sport Monza 001.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved looking the pictures from your trip, and then found the porsche pages, impressive the molds you made. Don't forget velocity stack's before the K&N's

Thanks Paul, any recommendations as to where we can source the stacks from?

Yeah, the 914/908 was fun project, but i have NO desire to make a custom front end again any time soon!

The x-country guzzi/porsche road trip was great fun. Other than the usual starter relay issues, the V11 never missed a beat.

Sport cycle Pacific used to offer stacks on their website. They are no longer listed (as far as I can tell) but you may want to contact them to see if they are still available. I have a set from them on my Daytona.

I loved looking the pictures from your trip, and then found the porsche pages, impressive the molds you made. Don't forget velocity stack's before the K&N's

Thanks Paul, any recommendations as to where we can source the stacks from?

Yeah, the 914/908 was fun project, but i have NO desire to make a custom front end again any time soon!

The x-country guzzi/porsche road trip was great fun. Other than the usual starter relay issues, the V11 never missed a beat.

You can use the 'stacks' from the original airbox to keep some length in the intake track. Just have to get creative in the attachment of the pods to the 'stacks'. When I mounted mine, the K&N pods slid into the mouth of the plastic stacks with a tolerance fit. I drilled four holes through both the stack and filter seperated by 90 degrees, then wove lock wire through in sort of an "X" to keep them together.

Ok, so i havent exactly been active on this forum since i bought my GB STW1100 several years ago, been mostly a lurker for this and that.

Anyhow, about a year ago, i got the itch to build a Sport Monza, so in bass-ackward fashion bought the kit from Bruno first and then bought the 2001 V11 in San Francisco and rode it all the way across country to my home in NC with my buddy. Here is a thread on that adventure for those interested http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/542184-guzzi-carrera-cross-country-sprint-reflections-perfect-match.html

Anyhow, work and other contraints have kept me from building the bike. In the meantime, i loaned the bike to my brother who proceeded to take it apart and fix all the little stuff. However, we kept talking about while it got the job done as a tourer cross country, she was really a sport bike in pig's clothing looking at the Sport Monza pix.

Soooo, several weeks ago, i dropped the Sport Monza kit off with him, planning on doing it as a summer project.

Well, lo and behold, without my knowledge, my bro proceeded to build the damn thing himself!!!! I show up yesterday and he tells me he has a surprise....

We still have to source the KN filter pods, and were going to use this digital speedo http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/db01r-multi-function-200-p.asp (anyone have any experience with it) as it is much less $$ than GB unit. Also need to work on fitting the tank better as the mounting holes were off considerably.

Stay tuned for more pix and video. This thing is totally bad-azz in person. I might even leave the stock open pipes as is they seem to fit the agressive look of the bike so much.

Does anyone know how to upload hi res pix on this site. It keeps bitch slapping me.

Great pictures! Out there in Fallon is my old stomping ground...you're absolutely correct about the Autobahn hiding in Northern Nevada. I've hit the limiter quite a few times on the way out to Middlegate for lunch.

Nice!

Terrible bike road, but an evocative picture. You know there are going to be some stories there.

025+3+1273758598.jpg

Damn, TWO Ghezzi-Brian models under one roof :)

Yes, what more could a Guzzi guy wish for? :}

I feel like Bruno is the modern day equivalent of Picasso or Matisse when it comes to motorcycle building. His masterpiece designs truly capture the essence of Guzzi as a sport machine.

Nice!

Terrible bike road, but an evocative picture. You know there are going to be some stories there.

025+3+1273758598.jpg

Belfast, one of my favorite pix from the trip. My buddy and i had just spent about an hour prior to this blasting along at WAAY illegal speeds after passing through Middlegate that Felix talks about. It is one of those riding days u remeember forever and what road trips like this are all about. Incredible speed and the feel of the Guzzi, amazing scenery and great companionship.

Felix, right on bro. We ended the day of this pix in i believe Eureka, and old mining town that could have had gunslingers walking the streets. The beers that night tasted REALLY good after that day :)