Any other Ghezzi Brian Sport Monzas in the US?

juicersr

Eureka is a cool old town, one of many out there in Nevada. The Guzzi is really a good mount for those long, straight roads and sweeping curves. What's cool about Nevada is, you hit all these mountain ranges and when you get to the top, all you see is this panoramic view of the next valley down. And all the gas stations usually have a bar nearby to knock the trail dust off... My last big trip in August started through northern Nevada as one of six states that trip (Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California also covered). The only downside was the Lemans was stuck at home with a stuck rear caliper, so I had to take the DR650. Nowhere near enough horspower for the roads we're talking about.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Bruno is the modern day equivalent of Picasso or Matisse when it comes to motorcycle building. His masterpiece designs truly capture the essence of Guzzi as a sport machine.

:) i agree !

Belfast, one of my favorite pix from the trip....

After I saw it, I posted it on a local site here, saying I thought it an evocative picture.

Someone replied, 'who won?'

I said that you did because you were bringing your newly purchased machinery home (I think) but I also added–

no matter what way you look at it, they both do: taking the machinery through the big landscapes from Nevada to Northern California.

Travelling towards mountains is pretty special anywhere. There's an increased anticipation here: of moving, with smallish person-sized vehicles, from such a stark contrast of wide open, flat, dry space towards ranging, snowy mountains and then ocean coast road.

The low light level also creates a feeling of an adventure about to open-up.

I wasn't sure if I had the geography right, or what stage of the day or the journey/adventure it was – but that doesn't matter.

Belfast, one of my favorite pix from the trip....

After I saw it, I posted it on a local site here, saying I thought it an evocative picture.

Someone replied, 'who won?'

I said that you did because you were bringing your newly purchased machinery home (I think) but I also added–

no matter what way you look at it, they both do: taking the machinery through the big landscapes from Nevada to Northern California.

Travelling towards mountains is pretty special anywhere. There's an increased anticipation here: of moving, with smallish person-sized vehicles, from such a stark contrast of wide open, flat, dry space towards ranging, snowy mountains and then ocean coast road.

The low light level also creates a feeling of an adventure about to open-up.

I wasn't sure if I had the geography right, or what stage of the day or the journey/adventure it was – but that doesn't matter.

Well put. It's so nice to get to an area where the traffic, people, and buildings are all but gone. You sort of come around mentally at some point, realize the odometer has clicked off half a tanks worth of miles (or km's) and think "wow, I can breath again". Makes a good outlook for one's emotional weather report.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, time for an update! We put KN pods and battery in place, fabbed up a rear brake light just to get her on road, and.... she fired right up!!! The straight pipes look cool but loud as hell!!!!

So.... after looking at all the exhaust options, i decided to do something different. I REALLY like the clean tail of the SM, but dont like the underpan exhaust, and the undertail, while would look cool like the MGS-01, would be crazy $$ to fabricate, etc.

So, i sourced some fairly reasonable carbon shorty cans from Yamaha racing and VOILA, they sound GREAT!!!!!!! We are gonna mount them just aft of the rt brake line protector on rt and anodized guard plate on left.

sm4.jpg

Rat rod exhaust

BTW, took her for first ride today. Even without having suspension dialed in, she handles great!!! Having lost 100+/- weight has tranformed the V11 into a lean mean carving machine. I am prolly gonna have to strap on a power commander now to dial in the new exhaust, and may even have to spring for some FBF piston kit. This bike rocks!!!

sm6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Making progress, got guys at Meinike to bend some connector pipe to attach shorties, think it came out great for grand total of $30 :)

Invoking the spirit of the beer Muse, my buddy and i have been scribbling on her bodywork with magic markers, trying to nail the right paint scheme. I think we have come up with something unique that is going to do her lines justice as well as pay homage to Guzzi's racing heritage that has been lost by the modern company, but thankfully kept alive by the genius of Bruno Saturno's designs....

bike2.jpg