To Forum or not to Forum?

belfastguzzi

I've created a basic Forum for the Northern Ireland Guzzi meeting and community, but, is there a community out there? I suspect that there just aren't enough local folk to make the web forum viable, never mind keep it lively. It's worth giving it a go: nothing ventured, nothing gained. I do have a Northern Ireland Branch sub-forum on the MG Club GB forum – however no-one else ever posts there! A separate, informal, independent board might be a bit more attractive to the NI folk. Might be. :huh2:

If there's no interest after a few weeks, I could strip it back to just being a noticeboard for the monthly meetings – and take all the other sub-forums away.

Or – – – – Guzzirider's comment about a UK Guzzi sports forum is making me think – – – – The NI site could be re-titled and given a different slant altogether. It could be made into a 'sports' focused meeting place - notice board. What do you think Guy? I'm just mulling over ideas. Do you have anything more in mind?

It could be that Guzzi ownership in the UK simply isn't big enough to sustain any niche forum at all. Even here, at V11lemans, things have been very slow for a long time – and that's with lots and lots of European and international members signed-up.

What thoughts on this subject?

(Quiz: can anyone find my little forum that I'm talking about?)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guzzirider's comment: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16338&view=findpost&p=177379

I've been to a Guzzi only trackday in the UK and we had a great turnout, in Angelsey in 2001. Problem is that the Guzzi Club GB ran this event at a loss so they were understandably not keen to do it again...

I sometimes wonder if there is potential to create a Guzzi Sporting Club UK, for those interested in the more sportier models, racing and track days, because most of the Guzzi Club GB guys dont seem to be into the sportier side of riding.

Maybe to keep it simple those of us who are interested should get together now and then, for example like we did at Cadwell a few years back where a small group of Guzzisti includes Gyles (R.I.P) on his MGS01 had a great day by simply joining in with a normal scheduled trackday.

./...What thoughts on this subject?

(Quiz: can anyone find my little forum that I'm talking about?)

Still looking...

I still feel it's a shame that all you sporty types have abandoned MGCGB forum, tho I can see why.

But whatever - if you set up some sort of Guzzi slanted sports/enthusiast/modified etc etc etc forum i'll join in.

Cheers & thanks for pushing it.

KB :sun:

I still feel it's a shame that all you sporty types have abandoned MGCGB forum, tho I can see why.

I think there is a case for special interest niches having a space of their own.

There may not be much point in focusing on something particular, within the GB forum that is theoretically open and wide-ranging but is heavily influenced by Dad's Army.

Like I say, in relation to the Northern Ireland Branch forum there, no-one uses it. That's why I'm trying a stand-alone local forum to see if it will be more accessible. I'm pessimistic about people using it though.

....I've found the new forum!...

I'm still looking....

Have you looked under the bed?

I'm still looking....

It's in North Ireland. It's not a dust bunny!

I'm thinking of relocating the base to North America. Seems there's more interest from there than there is from home. :huh:

Haven't found your forum yet... Could also be part of the no-interest problem?

I emailed the local people about it and the monthly meeting, which is tonight, so really it will be after tonight that I'll start to see if there is any interest or not. If not – because there is such a small number of people here - I can strip it back to only being a fairly static noticeboard for the local events.

Do come and say hello anyway: niguzzi.yuku.com.