Tank pad/cover, carbon

v11hopeful

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, just took ownership of a lovely low mile 2000 Lime/Red V11 Sport. Every time i look at it and ride it i love it more and more. My other Guzzi is an '09 CalVin.

I'd like to source the tank pad/cover that's done in carbon fiber. I've been searching as many places as i can find and have searched the forum, hoping to find the manufacturer or supplier.

I've included a picture of what i am referring to, recently this bike sold on ebay. I asked the seller about the part, but his reply was, "The cover was on the bike when i bought it."

Thanks in advance !

Steve Swan

$(KGrHqQOKosE0fo9,BR(BN,TyiesR!~~_12.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This would be grade A unobtanium at this point. that CF tank pad took my 2 years to find one and only got lucky a fellow board member sold me his. I think he upgraded to a later tank that didn't have the tank pad anymore and the updated fuel pump. I say good luck to you BUT don't worry too much about it the tanks were a tiny bit different as well on the bike those CF came on because it was the later 2002+ non red frames and the tank is a tiny bit longer so it was a real PITA to fit it on my 2001 rosso tank and even then the fuel cap wouldn't open all the way just most of the way. Best bet take your rubber pad and recover it or inquire at a shop that works with CF to see if they would make you one, at least a cap you could then glue to your pad because lets face it, its not about the weight savings its about the look and bling factor. I get you :drink:

I may be mistaken, and if so please don't hesitate to correct me, but I think the cf tank pad came stock only on the Scura. I don't believe it was an aftermarket piece.