The real deal at last...

Gerry_L

Have been a silent member for a couple of years - ' been riding Guzzis for 22 years but felt like a wannabe pretender (in this forum) with no V11 in the garage.

Well it's finally happened - the big Breva has gone and there's a 2001 V11 Sport in transit from Victoria ('way down south' - I live in the 'way up north') with my name on it.

The big downer is that I won't lay eyes on it for nearly 3 weeks. :huh2: Things move slowly down under...

I s'pose it'll give me time to make a bit of room in the shed and tell my two other remaining Guzzis they won't get much attention for a while...

What can I say- good on ya', mate. :mg:

I've been riding Guzzi's for about as long.... there's probably several of us here that have been! :rasta:

I must be old, got my first Guzzi 33 years ago,

066.jpg

Ha ha! You've been good at this photography thing for a long time! Nice picture.

30 years for me. I have exactly one photo from about the time I bought my first G5. Wish I had more, but I'll try to dig it up some day. It's also one of the rare photos of me without a mustache, but at least I'm wearing a helmet, so you can't tell.

Have been a silent member for a couple of years - ' been riding Guzzis for 22 years but felt like a wannabe pretender (in this forum) with no V11 in the garage.

Well it's finally happened - the big Breva has gone and there's a 2001 V11 Sport in transit from Victoria ('way down south' - I live in the 'way up north') with my name on it.

The big downer is that I won't lay eyes on it for nearly 3 weeks. :huh2: Things move slowly down under...

I s'pose it'll give me time to make a bit of room in the shed and tell my two other remaining Guzzis they won't get much attention for a while...

Good stuff ,three weeks, did you buy it from a dealer or private. I bought my RM from a Melbourne dealer and negotiated a landed at my place price then they dragged their feet, likely trying to get cheap transport dry.gif then it was landed at the local yamaha dealer on a friday and he wanted me to wait till after the weekend bbblll.gif I've had a bike shipped from SA to Gympie QLD in a week so a lot depends on who they use. I hope you can handle the suspense whistle.gif

Good stuff ,three weeks, did you buy it from a dealer or private. I bought my RM from a Melbourne dealer and negotiated a landed at my place price then they dragged their feet, likely trying to get cheap transport dry.gif then it was landed at the local yamaha dealer on a friday and he wanted me to wait till after the weekend bbblll.gif I've had a bike shipped from SA to Gympie QLD in a week so a lot depends on who they use. I hope you can handle the suspense whistle.gif

' Problem is the bike is in a country town and off the main transport route.I'm using a motorcycle only transporter - the truck only goes through the nearest major town once a week but they claim they're heavily booked. Plus I suspect I got bumped by a week in favor of a more regular client... I'm in training to become the 'Waiting Champion of the World'... :huh:

What can I say- good on ya', mate. :mg:

I've been riding Guzzi's for about as long.... there's probably several of us here that have been! :rasta:

I must be old, got my first Guzzi 33 years ago,

066.jpg

Thanks all of you for the welcome.

I have to 'fess up to rustling around on an old Beemer for 15 years before finding my way into Guzzis...

My Beemer was a very competent bike but it was a passionless thing...