1100 Breva, no charging, no lights, no horn!

Gino Rondelli

Going quickly mad here, my Breva 1100 has been great for 23000 miles until last Friday, on a weekend trip to Applecross it wouldn't start off the button, bump start and all OK.

Sunday decided to have a look and changed the lighting relay with start relay, bike started, no lights, fine I thought. After about 70 miles on MOnday it spluttered to a halt with less than 7V in the battery.

Now I've checked the relays (all OK it would appear) done the starter mod which now helps it start (Yellow wire) but no lights, horn or charging?

it could be that it had already stopped charging before all of this happened but open to ideas before I rip it all apart!!

Help........

Guzzi rally this weekend on a Norton now (not enough time to get tyres and an MOT on the V11!!)

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out it was the usual Guzzi Achilles heel, connector under the tank from the ignition switch corroded, I wonder how many people have wasted money on relays thinking that was the issue? Took a while to plod through the wiring diagram but its easy to see eventually, done the starter mod while I was at it.

The tank gave in to me the day after Cromarty, suspect you were spot on about relieving the pressure.

Now I've sheared a rocker cover screw!!!!!! Bloody Guzzi's all the rest came out in normal fashion, the last one the head pinged off, oh well black and decker job this week I suspect.

It's funny this bike had been dealer serviced until I got it, still on the original air filter (a mess) and internal plugs (a right PITA) and the RHS inlet valve had enough of a gap to get a small car through whilst the LHS exh had no clearance.

Luckily my Norton still goes................