Enzo Replica Velocity Stacks©

enzo temko

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'd assume the bigger K&Ns are less restrictive than the smaller pods, in which case the bike is likely to run a bit leaner, which can cause the detonation you are experiencing. Solution is probably to tweak the FI map - easy enough if you already have a Power Commander or similar installed, but otherwise an expensive fix.

Well, I'd assume the bigger K&Ns are less restrictive than the smaller pods, in which case the bike is likely to run a bit leaner, which can cause the detonation you are experiencing. Solution is probably to tweak the FI map - easy enough if you already have a Power Commander or similar installed, but otherwise an expensive fix.

Yes, I need to fatten up the gas mixture with the Power Commander. Now I have to go on-line and see how it is done manually. Don't think I have the CD that came with it, or can't find it. I do think I've done it manually. I think it was a matter of starting it, running it to a particular RPM that I want to modify and then add with the + button. Something like that.

Yes, I need to fatten up the gas mixture with the Power Commander. Now I have to go on-line and see how it is done manually. Don't think I have the CD that came with it, or can't find it. I do think I've done it manually. I think it was a matter of starting it, running it to a particular RPM that I want to modify and then add with the + button. Something like that.

The software is a free download from the Power Commander site. Then (if yours is the PC3 USB version) you just hook up a laptop and have at it. You could also just use the buttons on the PC to fatten up the mix, but you can only adjust thirds of the map (low/mid/high). If I remember right, you just hold all the buttons down while you turn the key on to get into the adjust mode.

OMG! :shock:

Just yesterday as many predicted the demise of the Raptor and pleaded with me to put all the stock parts back on, I rode the Guzz up to the Chevron station to have a good drink of premium gas. I also threw in 104+ octane - about 4 oz.

The result? NO pinging, NO knocking under extreme throttle. No backfire. Smooth, quiet operation with great power. In fact, I rode it hard up my test hill where I once did a residential racing video and where Mario scolded me for untoward speeding among the locals. Well, I can't help it. It's a good test hill. You come out of an S curve and then onto the gas up the hill. I'm in 3rd around the corner, nail it and shift to 4th for a few seconds. Bike speedo clocked me at 74mph. Just getting into it. Still in 4th.

The power delivery is different than I've ever felt on this bike. It starts out tame, but builds real power exponentially with RPMs. I mean, it feels just like the RC51 which is a bike that you need diapers to operate correctly. The Honda did this too, Exponential Acceleration©.

I am actually glad that the bike was knocking yesterday. That tells me the gas/air mix is actually right on. Just needed some real gas. Oh, and after thrashing it and bringing it home, it did not make any of the 'hot sounds' bikes make when you shut them down. Those little ticks coming off the engine and pipes from heat. Nothing. Quiet. Calm. Cool.

So the bike is truly complete. Buttery drive. Not loud. Great power. Great handling. And, it looks really cafe racer style sort of chopped up and personalized. Dave Richardson remarked that it looks so hotrod. I think it looks really American that way.

Everything was perfect as I rode over to the store to get some oatmeal. You know what they were playing on the radio in there? I couldn't believe my ears. Blue Oyster Cült - Cities on Flame - one of my favorite old rock tunes. And BOC is maybe the only band I know of that has gotten even better with age.

I had a good day. Didn't even need my AK.

Oh yea, don't use ARCO gas in any performance machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6MG4XJ0_k

...So the bike is truly complete....

Countless wasted millions; decades of fruitless development; untold man-hours frittered away by the greatest brains using the finest materials & facilities - & here alone, the enthusiastic visionary wielding a couple of lengths of donkey dong & a bottle of octane booster in his yard has created the ultimate expression of the sporting motorcycle.

Forza Enzo, see the sceptics prostrate in the lightning glow of your unfettered vision.

Witness here how the ignorant minions have scolded: http://illuminatiguzzisti.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=17564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 :eg...I vowed I'd completely ignore/overlook/discard anything you posted. Doubly so when combined with the preposterous abortion and sellection of truck-store sidelights and rhinocerous-penis bling that serves no function in either engineering or even aesthetic terms on your poor, long suffering V11 (Pete Roper)...or......get a whoopee cushion, place it on the seat, fill it full of gasoline, connect a hose to the bit where the fart noise comes out and fix a spray nozzle from an empty paint spray can...When it starts pinging bounce up on down on the cushion on seat of the Raptor..........fatten the mixture right up Enzo style (Nick in PRC) - these people clearly don't recognise the presence of genius.

KB :sun:

The power delivery is different than I've ever felt on this bike. It starts out tame, but builds real power exponentially with RPMs. I mean, it feels just like the RC51 which is a bike that you need diapers to operate correctly. The Honda did this too, Exponential Acceleration©.

So the bike is truly complete. Buttery drive. Not loud. Great power. Great handling. And, it looks really cafe racer style sort of chopped up and personalized. Dave Richardson remarked that it looks so hotrod. I think it looks really American that way.

As American as Sesame Street & Grease! http://youtu.be/rj23faSZ64U I reckon!

O'kay enzo, keep the Kermit's http://jaipatoukompri.free.fr/kermit.gif but, please, just add a little lippy as the final touch! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BP3zPc6jPlk/SngKdcgCDNI/AAAAAAAAAy8/N5bvr9F6UlM/s1600-h/kermit_1.jpg

Countless wasted millions; decades of fruitless development; untold man-hours frittered away by the greatest brains using the finest materials & facilities - & here alone, the enthusiastic visionary wielding a couple of lengths of donkey dong & a bottle of octane booster in his yard has created the ultimate expression of the sporting motorcycle

You have to remember that a company doesn't really make the best bike it can, it tries to make money by cutting corners and cutting costs - going for a wide appeal to average riders.

Also keep in mind that the Guzzi had cheap switches and fasteners, and that the owner's manuel - which was supposedly in English - came out in Comedy English. They didn't even take the time to have an American look at the writing and make the corrections. I don't know how many genius engineers are in that little factory, but I think they might have been out sipping cappuccino.

Enzo, we all (well, many of us) buy a new bike and then try to make it our own by modifying it to small or great extents. In my opinion, you are absolutely right when you say that motorcycles coming from the manufacturers can be improved upon. Personally, for example, I've found that most new bikes have fueling issues that can certainly be made better by modifying airboxes and filters, o2 settings, using power commanders to adjust, flashing ecu's, changing exhausts, etc.

This is your motorcycle and, while I might not want the exact same one in my garage, I admire your efforts and experimentations with respect to making it "your own". Others may denigrate, but again, this is your bike and you should continue to do exactly what you want to do to it. Just sayin'.

I think (minus the turn signals) it looks pretty nice and cohesive. Did we already forget TxRedneck's bike? :grin: It can be waaaaay worse.

Whatever happened to Texas Redneck???

My bike looks great and runs great. Those who see it 'live' tend to think it is awesome looking. Very American hotrod-ish. It doesn't bother me if some people don't like it or even denigrate it or me. I don't mind at all. It doesn't upset me. I'm happy and content. What is a detractor to me? Besides, others are welcome to their own opinions. Nothing is to everyone's liking.

But, yes, ALL bikes can be improved upon from the factory. For one thing, the factory has to meet all sorts of noise and emissions requirements, and a lot of components are junk.

LOL @ Enzo... being English and a writer by profession, I can only take the view that the comedy 'English' in the manual was AFTER an American had edited it :whistle: