Anyone Interested In Ordering Mike Rich Pistons With Me?

Mike Stewart

I have been thinking of dual-plugging my Rosso Corsa. Would the shape of these pistons eventually interfere with a second plug? Or maybe Mike's pistons would reduce the need of dual plugging...?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking of dual-plugging my Rosso Corsa. Would the shape of these pistons eventually interfere with a second plug? Or maybe Mike's pistons would reduce the need of dual plugging...?

These pistons were developed by Mike Rich primarily to do away with any 'ping' Bjor - which made the dual-plug mod simply redundant in acheiving that.

I'm certainly happy going this simple path, but not in any dual-plugging complexity.

Improving the bikes intrinsic qualities is fine for me - but I'd probably sell my bike if I'm trying to create something more than the sum of its parts.

These pistons were developed by Mike Rich primarily to do away with any 'ping' Bjor - which made the dual-plug mod simply redundant in acheiving that.

I'm certainly happy going this simple path, but not in any dual-plugging complexity.

Improving the bikes intrinsic qualities is fine for me - but I'd probably sell my bike if I'm trying to create something more than the sum of its parts.

Slightly advanced English for one who's native language is Norwegian, but as far as I understand you are saying that Mike's pistons is the simplest and best way of getting rid of the 'ping'. Since I'm also gaining a few extra horses, I am interested in a set.

I'm getting a set for my racer. Mike will modify a set to match my milled heads. With bigger carbs and higher compression I should see a 4 to 5 hp increase.

He doesn't want to have 12 sets sitting around because it ties up money for an indeterminate amount of time. Simple business practice.

They are drop in because they weigh the same as stock. No balancing required.

OK Guys, the time is now! If you are interested in purchasing a set of pistons, call or email Mike Rich at: http://www.mikerichmotorsports.com/contact_us.htm

I placed my order this morning and gave him my infomation and credit card #, he has received calls on the pistons the last few weeks, so the more that give their information and also pay in full will get this party going. Once the order is placed, expect about 4 weeks for them to be made.

Thanks,

Mike

OK Guys, the time is now! If you are interested in purchasing a set of pistons, call or email Mike Rich at: http://www.mikerichmotorsports.com/contact_us.htm

I placed my order this morning and gave him my infomation and credit card #, he has received calls on the pistons the last few weeks, so the more that give their information and also pay in full will get this party going. Once the order is placed, expect about 4 weeks for them to be made.

Thanks,

Mike

Yeeeeay! Pulled the trigger!

roos-shagging.jpg

Just got done ordering my set with Mike - he also took the time chatting bout all things guzzi.

Or maybe Mike's pistons would reduce the need of dual plugging...?

Yeah, that...

There's a thread back a few years that had photos of the MR, FBF & stock slugs side by side, along with other things [fairly long thread, punctuated by DLaing's & Ratchethack's usual bickering], but the net result was a clear indication that Mike Rich had done his homework to resolve the inadequacies of the stock equipment wrt the squish band and concentrating the fuel-air mixture to reduce ping; quite the opposite in fact of the FBF pistons [which were described as "ping-o-matics" from sources who had used them.]

I'd be ordering a set if I hadn't already done so. Still tempted to order some, just in case I ever get another V11... :thumbsup:

I am alao thinking of buying an extra set to place into stock, as this might be the last batch of Mike Rich pistons. :huh2: Reason being is I still love the Vll Sport look and am still not really into the new Guzzi's . Call me old fashion I guess B) , well the V7 Classic looks pretty cool but the lack of HP keeps me away.

Mike

Yeah, that...

There's a thread back a few years that had photos of the MR, FBF & stock slugs side by side, along with other things [fairly long thread, punctuated by DLaing's & Ratchethack's usual bickering], but the net result was a clear indication that Mike Rich had done his homework to resolve the inadequacies of the stock equipment wrt the squish band and concentrating the fuel-air mixture to reduce ping; quite the opposite in fact of the FBF pistons [which were described as "ping-o-matics" from sources who had used them.]

I'd be ordering a set if I hadn't already done so. Still tempted to order some, just in case I ever get another V11... :thumbsup:

I am alao thinking of buying an extra set to place into stock, as this might be the last batch of Mike Rich pistons. :huh2: Reason being is I still love the Vll Sport look and am still not really into the new Guzzi's . Call me old fashion I guess B) , well the V7 Classic looks pretty cool but the lack of HP keeps me away.

Mike

Yeah, that...

Wow! I visit for the first time in forever and the first topic I read has my name in it. Anyway, I am still dreaming of the pistons, too. Any idea what the price is with rings, pin, etc.?

Wow! I visit for the first time in forever and the first topic I read has my name in it. Anyway, I am still dreaming of the pistons, too. Any idea what the price is with rings, pin, etc.?

Never mind, just read the price on the first page...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, welcome back!

• 1 month later...

Piston update!

I spoke with Mike Rich and he has sent the pistons out for their coatings and should have them back mid next week. So, hopefully you all should have them in your hands shortly!

Mike

• 1 month later...

I have a standing order with Mike for two sets for a Cal series engine when they get made. Last year I tried to generate some interest on WildGuzzi but no luck. So maybe there are a few here that are interested? John