1975 Honda CB400F (project)

joe camarda

Purchased approx 6 months ago from a friend, rode it home and I intended to cafe it out. Then it was a nice example of a stock CB400F. Chrome was good and paint was nice. Front fender was wrinkled and the tach/speedo holder was crooked. Perfect seat.

Since then I've completely dissambled it, down to the frame. Purchased new bearings for the wheels and steering head, sprockets (f/r) and chain. Polished the engine cases, dissassembled the wheels, de-chromed the rims, cleaned the spokes, purchased new stainless steel nipples and a bunch of other stuff I cant even remember (wait, coming back to me now) ... cafe style gas tank (Benelli), all cables and clubman bars. Plus other miscellaneous stuff... rear cush inserts, brake piston, brake master cylinder re-build kit, new rear drums and front brake pads... still I'm overlooking stuff. Important stuff like a Kerker header!

Everything is there to assemble the bike and have a very nice 75 SOHC Honda... except the tires... except my initiative.

So, the point is I'd prefer to sell it as is, dissassembled.

$2000 (a fair price for what I paid for the bike alone) or will trade plus (my) cash for the right V11 Sport/Ballabio... (or)...

I'm in Modesto CA if interested.