What do you ride that for?

Soren and Keith. Jon Margrave has both a low mileage driveshaft and the twin-plater clutch/flywheel out of his Le Mans that he's wrecking. Both probably absurdly cheap knowing Jon.....

Pete

Dont know about the clutch,I Pm'd and emailed him,no response.Probably already got rid of it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the original question, if anyone is stupid enough to decry Sonja, I usually reply (with a little smugness) 'no I don't think it would be for you' :grin:

Nice John!

How bout going one further.

"My wife requests I ride it as she believes the vibration helps reduce superfluous penis size.Ah,you obviously don't need that,... you T!at!"

BTW I have a 95 Speed Triple,.....

Hey All,

At a tea stop yesterday a triumph rider looked at my V11 then at me then at my V11...and so on and eventually said, 'what do you ride that for?'

'Fun' was my one word answer...what would yours be? His tone suggested he didn't think much of my beloved burgunday '03 naked sport

Pete

I think we have all probably had to endure Jackass comments at some time.

Last year whilst out on my California EV, i parked it in Helmsley, North Yorkshire.

One guy who was sat nearby said loudly, if you have to have something like that to ride around on why not do it properly and at least buy a Harley?

I replied " Because i am not into American Agriculture and besides where would i keep the plough ?

I then said, " You know, My grandfather taught me never to argue with an idiot as they will only drag you down to their level and then comprehensively beat you with experience "

What a wise man he was :rolleyes:

Darryl

Inspired by the genius wit and master of the clever witty retort Oscar Wilde:

"if you say one more bad word about my Guzzi I'll rip your f*cling head off and shit down your neck, my son".

Yep :thumbsup: Always thought you should try the subtle approach first :grin:

My little nephew Benjamin is 5 years old and he was able to have a sit on a very expensive OCC style chopper that belonged to a friend of my sister in law. The owner was dressed in a bandana, leather waistcoat, earrings and chaps so Benjamin very innocently asked him why was he was dressing up as a pirate?

Soren and Keith. Jon Margrave has both a low mileage driveshaft and the twin-plater clutch/flywheel out of his Le Mans that he's wrecking. Both probably absurdly cheap knowing Jon.....

Pete

Dont know about the clutch,I Pm'd and emailed him,no response.Probably already got rid of it.

Bugger! But thanks for having us in mind, Michael :thumbsup:

Søren

Pete

Søren

Soren you still may want to try him,he may just have gotten busy or didn't get email.Would be a shame, as I had to source mine from Reboot which would have made a lot more sense to get one in the US and yours from the EU.Oh well,.. :huh2:

Pete

Søren

Soren you still may want to try him,he may just have gotten busy or didn't get email.Would be a shame, as I had to source mine from Reboot which would have made a lot more sense to get one in the US and yours from the EU.Oh well,.. :huh2:

Thanks, Mike, will do.

Cheers

Søren

• 4 months later...

Hey All,

At a tea stop yesterday a triumph rider looked at my V11 then at me then at my V11...and so on and eventually said, 'what do you ride that for?'

'Fun' was my one word answer...what would yours be? His tone suggested he didn't think much of my beloved burgunday '03 naked sport

Pete

Sunday I parked up at my halfway stop on my favourite ride, cup of tea and a bacon sarnie. There were about a dozen jap sports bikes, a couple of Brits and a BMW outside the cafe. One old boy with a dog on a bit of string walked past, paused at my V11 and announced to the crowd that this was a real motorbike. Next couple out for a stroll paused at the V11 and the guy was all smiles, didn't give the other bikes a glance. Looked at it from all angles.

It flew home, perfect round the twisties and roared down the A road like a Lancaster Bomber on full throttle. I Almost forgot to breathe.

I can't imagine why I ride a Guzzi.

I rode over to a client who's office is in the Italian part of St Louis, "The Hill". When I was leaving there was an older gentleman with a cane (probably 80 or so)standing outside a shop staring at my bike. As I walked up to it he started walking towards me looking a bit irritated. I was expecting a bit of tongue lashing when he asked me if it was mine. I replied it was, to which he said he heard me drive up and was waiting til I got back so he could listen again. He said it had be a long time since he had hear a real Italian motorbike!

Todd

Actually I found another use for the V11: it's exercising 'lip reading'. I'm nearly perfect in this actually as it happens so often that when I roll into a village or stop at a red I can see people (quite often it's women btw., really) hold on and turn heads, wait 'till they can read the tank badge and then form the two words: 'Moto Guzzi' :)

hubert

Amazing Hubert! I was riding through a small town this morning and saw two old boys ointing as I waited at a crossing, one clearly said 'That's a Moto Guzzi' and the other nodded. they then waved as I went passed. That warms your heart. :thumbsup: