Stopping Tank Growth

MArkS

The local bike shop is starting to see plastic-tanked Guzzis (and some Ducatis) with deformation and swelling from the crap gasoline being sold. Caswell Plating (www.caswellplating.com) offers a phenol novolac sealer that looks as if it's right for the job. I will probably give it a try this winter. If anyone has tried this or any other treatment and had good results, please respond.

I wonder how important it may be to "dry" the tank out allowing it to recover its original shape before application . . .

Let's hope this is a good solution. These tanks ain't gettin' any younger. :oldgit:

The local bike shop is starting to see plastic-tanked Guzzis (and some Ducatis) with deformation and swelling from the crap gasoline being sold. Caswell Plating (www.caswellplating.com) offers a phenol novolac sealer that looks as if it's right for the job. I will probably give it a try this winter. If anyone has tried this or any other treatment and had good results, please respond.

I used Caswell's epoxy on an "unrepairable" Quota tank with great results..

I wonder how important it may be to "dry" the tank out allowing it to recover its original shape before application . . .

Let's hope this is a good solution. These tanks ain't gettin' any younger. :oldgit:

I think important. AF1 has been drying out affected Aprilia tanks and exchanging them with customers. They say a few weeks open and empty and the tanks return to their original size.

Sounds like a good winter project.