Anyone went with 2" drop pegs?

furry

Bob,

Others here may be  able to go out to the garage and look at their Centauro, but I was thinking those parts are the same as V11.

I don't see any other contact info for John besides the Motratech website. He hasn't been logged on here since 2011.

I remember that Agostini fairing for the early LeMans. Bellissimo!! :food:

...thanks for the reply.  I'm afraid they may have quit the business.  The more I get used to the better handling (after reducing the steering dampener down from 18 clicks to 5) the high peg (for me) position isn't bothering me as much.  I'm thinking I can get away with a 2" drop.  I"ve got another 3-months before I can ride regularly anyhow, I'll plod away..Bob.

In the meantime, think about setting the suspension sag and bias the weight distribution forward. I found this really helped the riding comfort as well as handling. This could (probably will) entail changing springs.

But what are winters for otherwise? :luigi:

docc, tell me how you set up sag with forward bias please!  Thanks.  Sorry for the hijack.  I will be lowering my pegs soon.

First, let me say: I am not the expert on this. I had to screw it up terrifically before getting it right (for me and my Sport). :o:blush: YMMV!

Yet, I opted for rear spring rate versus front spring rate that allow the front to "sag" slightly more than the rear (perhaps 30mm front/ 25mm rear  - (I'd have to go back to my notes for the exact measurements), while using "more" preload" in the rear and dropping the triples about 5mm in the front.

Downside? front tire gets cupped quicker.

Upside: no weave, no wobble, no big weight transfer on acceleration/deceleration:  *planted*

(Also: Pirelli AngelGT 40psi rear/35 psi front; Shindy steering damper set to zero. Öhlins shock with remote preload adjustment, Taxxion Dynamics fork springs; careful fork oil selection based on centiStokes, not SAE "oil weight", Tekno panniers always mounted with basic load-out)

It has occurred to me that the frame faired LeMans variants, and even the V11 with frame mounted front kit (Ballabio, Coppa Italia, Café Sport) all have more front weight bias than an early RedFrame (or later "Naked") with fork mounted kit.

Not as likely  they would need to drop the triples. It's the spring rates that are really most dynamic.

docc, tell me how you set up sag with forward bias please!  Thanks.  Sorry for the hijack.  I will be lowering my pegs soon.

McDonalds is the answer, start "supersizing" and sag increases, stick to the junior burger and in decreases. Its all very straight forward.

Ciao

McDonalds is the answer, start "supersizing" and sag increases, stick to the junior burger and in decreases. Its all very straight forward.

Ciao

No mention of the effects of dark ales? :bier:

• 3 months later...

..a quick update, Motratech is definately still around, i now have a set installed, and love them..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread:

After removing the Motobits assembly didn't like it & shifted lousy I remounted the factory peg-brake-shift.  Shifting improved immensely but the pegs are uncomfortable (says then old man who did a 700+ mile in one day on the Lemans )

I had a pair of Knight Designs drop pegs that I removed from my Griso because of poor braking performance so I'm experimenting with dropping the Lemans pegs a little.

I don't like the Cowboy leg/foot position but that's the compromise with Knight Designs pegs.

The brake side needed the actuating rod trimmed a 1/4 inch or so to get the brake to drop enough.

Staying with the stock shifter your options are limited.  I'm trying a new eccentric shifter peg on the stock shifter arm from Guzzitech.  When it comes in I'll post a report.  I wonder how hard it would be to heat up the stock shifter and bend it a little....

Mark

Hmmm, Mark, I don't think our brittle shift levers will bend, even heated. They tend to just snap off.

Has anyone tried reshaping them?

I thought I had posted it here before, Knight Design a family run business in Oregan make lowered pegs for your Guzzi I bought a pair for my Griso along with their dropped toe peg for the foot pedals

Google Knight Design 

www.knightdesignllc.com

I fitted the Knight Design drop pegs that I took off my G11.

I was able to "adjust" the brake  down with the use of a dremel - shortening the threaded section of the rod that drives into the master cylinder.

It was the shifter peg I was having trouble with.  The Knight Design peg looks nice but being cheap I ordered one (nonfolding) from Guzzitech at about half the price.

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-eccentric-folding-toe-peg.

Now I've ridden the bike with the knight Design drops and the position is much more comfortable.  Downside is the added "bow legged" - still not as bad as a Griso-bow-leg.  The Lemans roughly measures narrower than the Griso when sighting a tape measure.  (not very accurate)

After a little disassembly of the shifter I find it is not a peg & shifter arrangement but a single cast piece with rubber cover for the toe peg.   The Guzzitech eccentric toe peg will go in my "extra parts" box.

After riding the Lemans with drop pegs I see I need a centimeter or two extension on the shifter toe peg so I'm going to visit Ace hardware and pick up a longer allen screw to act as an extension, wrapping or dipping it to prevent the tearing up of my boots.  I'm considering adding a couple of nuts on the screw extension to keep the screw from bending, making all the force shear.  I've been known to stomp firmly when agitated.

From my test ride I know I have to lengthen the brake rod by unwinding the ball joint, because I actually have overshot where it feels good.

I'm not sure if I'll put a peg extension on the brake.

The idiocy of this whole mod is I purchased a sheepskin pad specifically for the Lemans to raise the seat and thereby relieve some of my hip / knee stress.  Well after this I'll report my opinion for others to use or toss as they wish.

Mark