"Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Bike

My girlfriend read it and she reads a lot of high brow literature so I dismissed it as a frothy "chick book".The trailers make it look like a interesting thriller so I guess I'll have to borrow it from her. :blush: , Oh and the heroine rides a motorcycle,... :bike::thumbsup:

The book is good and the original Swedish film is excellent- I can't see the need for a Hollywood remake.

I agree 100% Guy. I enjoyed reading the trilogy and watching the Swedish movies but I do think they picked a better bike for Lisbeth in the Hollywood version. I believe that she was on an enduro or a supermoto in the Swede films? I don't remember what she rode in the books.

The book is good and the original Swedish film is excellent- I can't see the need for a Hollywood remake.

I agree 100% Guy. I enjoyed reading the trilogy and watching the Swedish movies but I think they picked a better bike for Lisbeth in the Hollywood version. I believe that she was on an enduro or a supermoto in the Swede films? I don't remember what she rode in the books.

What they say and even more. Have seen the original film, read the book so with all due respect: You don't need a Hollywood version, stick to the original Swedish movie. And it's bloody brilliant!

Søren

We watched the Swedish versions with English subtitles...very good stuff.

We watched the Swedish versions with English subtitles...very good stuff.

Then again, David Fincher - always interesting to watch...

I'm hoping this'll be another 'Let the Right One In / Let Me In', not another 'Nikita / The Assassin' (or whatever they ended up calling that piece of...). /-)

It's been a couple years since I read the book, but wasn't Lisbeth on something like a (ninja) KZ250? I recall that it was a small displacement sportbike??

Anyhow, the Swedish films are brilliant, but I've only seen the first two. I hope the American versions are as good.

Yeah, gratuitous lesbian sex too.

All told the Hollywood version's meant to be very good, and fincher's got a lot to do with that. I'm a little dubious, because the books were very good, the Swedish movies were not bad either.

I have to say, I don't see how "let the right one in" could have been improved, something about the drab coldness of Sweden really added to it.

And it totally blew me away. Best movie of the year, no contest.

Can't see how it could be made better..