Givi Tanklock Bags

7forty7 driver

Did a search but no results. Givi sells the Tanklock (mounts to gas cap ring bolts) Tankbags that sit just above the tank and snap on and off. Nice!, but they only show the new Brevas, Norge, and Stelvio on their website for fitmant. My question is are the gas caps on the new bikes the same style/size as our V11's? Thanks for any help.

BT Smith

• 3 weeks later...

According to this, "TRT.00.475.180-MotoGuzzi 6" fits our bikes. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2591

I looked into getting this setup last spring, but it was well over $100 (USD). Maybe this year, I will splurge for it now that I have a Nelson-Rigg saddle bag & tail bag setup.

Yes, this is another great product vendor SW-MOTECH. I contacted GIVI if they have a system for the V11 series Guzzis. Received an official Givi response: "Thank you for contacting GIVI motorcycle accessories. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. We do not offer any products for this model" (2004 V11 Cafe Sport). So far it looks that SW -MOTECH (sold by Twisted Throttle) might be the best choice for me on a Tankring Lock / Tankbag system.

• 2 months later...

The Givi Tanklock will work on the V11's, even if Givi doesn't think so. They sell a mounting ring for the Triumph Street Triple/Daytona (#BF02). Since my other bike is a Street Triple, I measured and compared them. Sure enough, the tank ring is the same size on both my V11 Le Mans and my Street Triple so I ordered the Givi tank bag and the mounting ring.

I received everything today and the mounting ring fit perfect. I had ordered the Givi T480 Tanklock bag and it's just too big for me. Actually, the size of the tank bag itself isn't any bigger than my Triumph tank bag it's just that it sits higher due to the mounting system. I'm going to return it and try the T489 which is the slightly smaller tank bag.

The Givi Tanklock will work on the V11's, even if Givi doesn't think so. They sell a mounting ring for the Triumph Street Triple/Daytona (#BF02). Since my other bike is a Street Triple, I measured and compared them. Sure enough, the tank ring is the same size on both my V11 Le Mans and my Street Triple so I ordered the Givi tank bag and the mounting ring.

I received everything today and the mounting ring fit perfect. I had ordered the Givi T480 Tanklock bag and it's just too big for me. Actually, the size of the tank bag itself isn't any bigger than my Triumph tank bag it's just that it sits higher due to the mounting system. I'm going to return it and try the T489 which is the slightly smaller tank bag.

This needs to be posted in a "V11 xref" sticky in the tech section: valuable info here! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Even though it's really good quality, I'm not sure if I'll stick with the Givi system. The main reason being that the height of the tank bag isn't compatible with my short arms and upper torso <_>DSCN9363.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's a nice idea, but I'd be a bit wary of causing damage to the plastic tank if you had anything remotely weighty in the bag (even a book of maps!), moreso if it's spaced up to clear the pad.