MGS 01 on ebay

Guzzisport

The MGS 01 on ebay at the moment was previously for sale by the New Zealand owner for $40,000 US..... an unrealistic price as it was and even though he had enquiries from all over the world it didn't sell. Now some charlatans in Kentucky (The USA ... capital of capitalism with no morals or scruples, where else??) want $US62,500! The blatant greed in this world never ceases to amaze.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTO-GUZZI-MGS01-RARE-/220925034914?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item33702881a2#ht_638wt_1090

If some fool pays for that, then not only did Guzzi miss the boat by not producing this machine (which we all know is the case anyway), but it will prove the saying there is a sucker born every minute.

Oh and of course they cannot even get their grammar / spelling correct:

The maintenance and upkeep of this undamaged monster is of the highest caliper./quote]

The MGS 01 on ebay at the moment was previously for sale by the New Zealand owner for $40,000 US..... an unrealistic price as it was and even though he had enquiries from all over the world it didn't sell. Now some charlatans in Kentucky (The USA ... capital of capitalism with no morals or scruples, where else??) want $US62,500! The blatant greed in this world never ceases to amaze.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...2#ht_638wt_1090

If some fool pays for that, then not only did Guzzi miss the boat by not producing this machine (which we all know is the case anyway), but it will prove the saying there is a sucker born every minute.

Oh and of course they cannot even get their grammar / spelling correct:

The maintenance and upkeep of this undamaged monster is of the highest caliper./quote]

I've not been out of the US so i don't know how we rate on the "greed" scale. I do this is a capitalist country (and probably has the best morals/scruples moeny can buy) and is (for 1% of the population) doing well.....NOT..

People buy (art,antiques,etc.) certain things to speculate hoping to sell a possession to someone else for a profit...

In this case it is "it's not the fool who asks, it's the fool who gives" .......

If I were LOADED with $$$$ I still don't think I would pay this price...

I would think this seller is NOT someone who is familiar with motorcycles but someone hoping to sell something for a LARGE PROFIT..

I regret this seller is representing MY home state and my country....

BTW, maybe it does have a "high caliper" ?

After a fishing expedition...I found that the bike is "located" in the San Fransisco area ? Unless there is a mermaid included in the deal I don't think it is worth half the amount !

the eBay seller has a 100% approval rating with a score of 225...

If this guy is for real then he's out of his mind. But looking at the ad, and having spent a lot of time purchasing throgh ebay, this has a lot of things wrong with it that point to a scam of some sort. Spelling errors, pictures that aren't of the actual machine for sale, a location of sale in Kentucky with the item supposedly living in "Oakland with my partner"...

I'm going to call "bulls*&t" on this one.

If this guy is for real then he's out of his mind. But looking at the ad, and having spent a lot of time purchasing throgh ebay, this has a lot of things wrong with it that point to a scam of some sort. Spelling errors, pictures that aren't of the actual machine for sale, a location of sale in Kentucky with the item supposedly living in "Oakland with my partner"...

I'm going to call "bulls*&t" on this one.

Hmmmm. 'lightly raced'. How do you do that then ?

well the vin is almost the one from new zealand. One digit wrong. So it can be this bike or he got the vin from the downunder bike, might have been in the ebay annoncement.

There is one in singapore that wants to sell but doesn't get sold.

O, and not 50 but 132 were made, I'm shure have all the vin and the dealers that got them

he even managed to get 2 offers:

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p4340.l2564&rt=nc&item=220925034914

must be his friends

It is in fact the bike from Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand. It was on a New Zealand website a little while back. The photos in the ad are even from the New Zealand owner; they are obviously too lazy or unable to take their own photos of it. I doubt even that it is in the Bay Area because the guy in New Zealand that was selling it did not get any offers at his $40,000 price. He was unrealistic. As far as "lightly raced" goes, he used it for a few runs around a local track. The rest of the time he had it in his house.

Paul; VIN was not in the New Zealand ad if I remember correctly...

They have relisted the bike at a lower price but are still too lazy to correct the spelling etc....

On another note does anyone know if the MGS -01 part that attaches to the back of the engine and carries the swingarm (this part is apparently still available in the parts list) will bolt onto the back of a Centauro or similar engine? .... yeah a long shot question I know!

... anyone know if the MGS -01 part that attaches to the back of the engine and carries the swingarm (this part is apparently still available in the parts list) will bolt onto the back of a Centauro or similar engine? .... yeah a long shot question I know!

The Centauro used 5 speed gearbox (bolted to back of engine). MGS01 uses 6 speed box of a totally different design & s/a appears to be hung off a plate fixed to the back of that. If you wanted to fit MGS01 s/a mount you'd need an MGS01 box ...or...The V11 6 speed box appears to be very similar to the one in the MGS01 but I don't know if it's the same casting. Certainly the V11 box has some odd lugs n'stuff on the rear that appear to be for a purpose other than any that the V11 can offer. Paul Minnaert has put a V11 6speed onto a Daytona engine & will probably know if MGS01 casting is different - Paul? You'd also need a mass of other parts & I'm guessing it would be hugely expensive even if parts are available!