Need a New Battery

Wildgoose

Just need some recomendations for a new battery in my O2' naked sport. Believe it or not the old one is the OEM unit. Got to be some sort of record. At any rate its time to finnaly replace it. If anyone has a recomendation for brand and sorce I would appreciate it.

Thanks

The oem Guzzi batteries where great batteries and last a long time. I bet there are still originals in service. I could not get the original brand (Sparker I believe it was) but Odyssey seem to be the same design or nearly and they also tend to last a real long time. I got my most recent Odyssey from Rousch (yea, them) thru ebay.

Another option is the new generation Lithium batteries like the Shorai's. Todd (aka RacerX) sells them. They would be smaller then the original battery but they come with foam to fill in the empty space. I have two of those but it is too early to tell how long they will last.

The oem Guzzi batteries where great batteries and last a long time. I bet there are still originals in service. I could not get the original brand (Sparker I believe it was) but Odyssey seem to be the same design or nearly and they also tend to last a real long time. I got my most recent Odyssey from Rousch (yea, them) thru ebay.

Another option is the new generation Lithium batteries like the Shorai's. Todd (aka RacerX) sells them. They would be smaller then the original battery but they come with foam to fill in the empty space. I have two of those but it is too early to tell how long they will last.

Would the Odessy be the PC 545 model? Sure looks like the OEM Spark 500.

Would the Odessy be the PC 545 model? Sure looks like the OEM Spark 500.

The original Spark 500 is still going strong in the Mighty Scura and Rosie the LeMans. :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure the Odyssey PC 545 is the same.

I've heard that the Big Crank at Battery Mart (do a net search) is the same as the Odyssey. I've used them in the Centauro and small block and like them..

I'm running a Yuasa in mine, got ripped off at the local dealer who charged me $190 for it. I was stuck in a

parking lot and tried phoning all around but no-one else could cross reference the original Spark.

A few months later the Yuasa quit and the dealer reluctantly replaced it under warantee with aother Yuasa, so

far it's performed flawlessly and the stealer lost the Guzzi brand along with Triumph.

That's Karma in action.

I think Yuasa are OK at the right price.

Roy

Stocker on my '00 lasted over 7 years - replaced in Mar 2008 with an Odyssey PC545 from Federal Battery ($117 CDN plus tax).

I have found the PC545 to be just as good a battery so far.

Gio

I'm running a Yuasa in mine, got ripped off at the local dealer who charged me $190 for it. I was stuck in a

parking lot and tried phoning all around but no-one else could cross reference the original Spark.

A few months later the Yuasa quit and the dealer reluctantly replaced it under warantee with aother Yuasa, so

far it's performed flawlessly and the stealer lost the Guzzi brand along with Triumph.

That's Karma in action.

I think Yuasa are OK at the right price.

Roy

You paid $190.00 (Canadian?) for just the battery?

No, you were sodomized !

FWIW...The BMW dealer wanted $180.00 (US) for a battery for my K100. I got one from a battery vendor for $85.....

I've had a PC545 for about four years. Bought it off the shelf at one of the walk-in battery stores. I keep it on a Battery Tender when not in use. I haven't had any issues with it since putting it on the Battery Tender...initially, I wasn't using the bike enough and it would get a little weak between starts. k

You paid $190.00 (Canadian?) for just the battery?

No, you were sodomized !

FWIW...The BMW dealer wanted $180.00 (US) for a battery for my K100. I got one from a battery vendor for $85.....

Yes, but my Italian girlfriend said...

V11 UnWrapped.jpg

"Buy me a new battery and I'll show you a good time"

What else could I do?

Thanks for the great input folks! I am going with the PC 545. Just a matter of doing some shopping for price.

I just swapped out the original Spark from my '04 Nero and went with the PC 545 too. It wasn't that the Spark was totally dead, but it was slow to turn over, particulary under 40F. I didn't want to get stranded at work so I did a premptive change out. The two batteries look identical, shoot, I bought the PC last February and didn't get around to installing it until December. I left it sit in the box on a shelf in the garage all spring/summer/fall. I put it on the Tender over the weekend and I'm good to go. You should be happy with its performance. :thumbsup: