Daytona wiring harness question

GuzziMoto

I have removed the fairing on my '93 Daytona and swapped the back end for a V11 seat/subframe.

I was able to do that without cutting any wires but I have the bike back apart for some trans work (that is another story) and while apart I would like to clean up the wiring. But I don't want to cut up the stock harness. Everything I have done so far has been done so I could undo it and put it back to stock. So, along those lines, I am wondering which more common Guzzi's would be good donors for a harness that I can cut up to clean up the wiring. I am looking for something that uses the same ECU and has all the same sensors in roughly the same place. I am reasonably competent at such things, but would like something that uses the same connectors as much as possible.

There are a few options out there right now but it would be nice to get the right one the first time.

Thanks.

I have removed the fairing on my '93 Daytona and swapped the back end for a V11 seat/subframe.

I was able to do that without cutting any wires but I have the bike back apart for some trans work (that is another story) and while apart I would like to clean up the wiring. But I don't want to cut up the stock harness. Everything I have done so far has been done so I could undo it and put it back to stock. So, along those lines, I am wondering which more common Guzzi's would be good donors for a harness that I can cut up to clean up the wiring. I am looking for something that uses the same ECU and has all the same sensors in roughly the same place. I am reasonably competent at such things, but would like something that uses the same connectors as much as possible.

There are a few options out there right now but it would be nice to get the right one the first time.

Thanks.

A 1991 Quota 1000 harness should be pretty close. Moto Guzzi color wiring schematics

The only quota harness on ebay right now is from a 2000 Quota ES.

That one does not appear to be correct (thanks for the link).

It appears a 96 California 1100 may also work.

I wounder what year they dropped the P8 and ignition boxes.

The only quota harness on ebay right now is from a 2000 Quota ES.

That one does not appear to be correct (thanks for the link).

It appears a 96 California 1100 may also work.

I wounder what year they dropped the P8 and ignition boxes.

Late 1997 or early 1998 I think.

Well, with a little guidance and that link to the wiring schematics I got a harness from a 97 V11 EV Cal. and also one from a 98 Centauro. The 97 Cal. appears to be fairly close, but the Centauro has a better fuse holder set up.

I hope to be able to combine the two into one good one.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I will use this already existing thread.

I have a problem with harness on my carb 1100 sport. Mostly thanks to previous owner who cutted wires here and there for unknown reason.

I have to do few mods - electrics fuel petcocks - replaced by manual ones

no blinkers = no blinker wiring and relays (this should not impact rest of wiring)

AND

some of previous owners changed key ignition... all wires heading from key switch has the same color and leads to cracked connector = I can not tell which goes where.

From wiring scheme - there should be white; white/red; black; green/black; red wires heading to key switch. I have only 4 wires - white; white/red; green/black; green. No red one :)

AND

in the ECU - there is one thick flat connector which splits in two thick wiring routes and! one single cable with brown fast-on connector - what should go here?

This is supposed to be track bike - so there won't be any charging, no lights etc. All I need to run is the ignition and oil pressure warning.

Thanks for any hints and tips from older and much more experienced riders :thumbsup:

Ignition switch cut off and random wiring changes, I wonder if the frame and engine numbers have been ground off as well? Still, I suppose stolen bikes are a good source of cheap spares.

Ignition switch cut off and random wiring changes, I wonder if the frame and engine numbers have been ground off as well? Still, I suppose stolen bikes are a good source of cheap spares.

they were not :rolleyes: , it is 1995yr bike with number of owners - only fool would suggest pristine condition. Have you seen the bike? Frame? Engine? I assume that not. No reason for these twisted judgements.

/with respect of course.

I have no issue with you trying to get info on your wiring issues in this thread but I would think that your non-FI bike is different enough that you would stand a better chance of getting the info you need with a fresh post. Personally I only have one non-FI Guzzi and I have yet to have that one that far apart.

If the ignition switch is anything like mine, there were four wires from the switch that connected to three wires from the bike, the power supply wire jumped to a second wire. That meant one power feed to switch, two switched circuits, and two switched power leads back to the bike. One went straight to the right handlebar switch assembly I think and the other went to some of the lights and what not (the park/second on circuit). You should be able to put a meter on the switch and the leads to determine what is what.