Rear shock absorber crack

Paulsmartv11

Continuing my rebuild of V11, I notice a crack in the shocks mounting ring (to the swing arm), I vaguely remember this to be quite common on the WP shocks.

Does any one rebuild these in the UK? or is a new shock needed?

Paul

Hi Paul

BPS will rebuild, there are others who advertise on ebay, search V11. Around £150, a lot cheaper than a Hagon at £400. Very common fault, never quite understood why, can only assume a weakness in WP shocks. My Sachs damper never had this problem.

Cheers

Guzz

The Sachs shock on my wifes 2000 Sport cracked at the shock eye.

From what I have heard it is a common failure. I replaced the shock with a Penske unit. Any quality shock should work.

My Sachs shock eye opened from an O to a very wide C before I noticed. Never heard of it before on WP. As it's possibly a problem with both makes, could this be an alignment problem inherent in V11s that places a stress on the mounting and starts a crack?

Try Falcon Shock Absorbers www.falconshockabsorbers.co.uk. They can be a bit hard to get hold of as they don't answer emails etc. immediately - but do persist: they've only got a couple of guys - they seem very knowledgeable tho'.

My Sachs was so b****red, the cost wasn't worth it to replace the eye and fix everything else with Falcon and I decided to go for a Hagon instead and that seems just fine.

I'm considering a Hagon replacemnt, they are only a few miles from my work place in east London. I would like the remote adjuster, which is not listed but will visit them to have it added, they need convincing that theres space on the V11 for it (even though it is standard on the bike)

Is your hagon an improvement over the sach original?

Paul

hello

if you can 'interest to have many used parts of the V11 sports among which I also have a sachs shock in good condition in my garage.

saluti dall' Italia ciao

enrico

I'm considering a Hagon replacemnt, they are only a few miles from my work place in east London. I would like the remote adjuster, which is not listed but will visit them to have it added, they need convincing that theres space on the V11 for it (even though it is standard on the bike)

Is your hagon an improvement over the sach original?

Paul

Can't really help on that question. Y'see, the damping in the Sachs original was non-existent when I got the bike last year (with a fresh MOT... suspicious?) - maybe that's why the eye took a hammering so the Hagon is an improvement for sure. I've never been a suspension fiddler so having all the remote and adjustable stuff is a bit wasted on me. To be honest, I quite enjoyed the snaky fast curves and general unpredictability and it was only the prospect of the eye actually letting go on the move and the oily mess from the seals that pushed me into action at all. Makes me a bit of a freak I suppose, but I've ridden far far worse: a couple of allegedly 'well set up' Norton Commandos for example.