Agip Oil Sludge

Kiwi_Roy

...so remember to shake the bottles before you use them to get the additives.

Cheers

Roy

Some of us who are not detail oriented appreciate those of us who are :thumbsup:

Now you just need to reinvent Maxwell's demon to get the water out of the engine.

If the company hasnt got the chemistry sorted to suspend the additive, what goes on if your bike sits during winter, what do you have on fire up in the spring? Maybe Agip is meant for constant and immediate use, then is to be drained and dicscarded. Lots of SG rated oils out there that dont have this issue. If I pull a cover off an engine and see any buildup whatsoever, that indicates a problem. :!:

If the company hasnt got the chemistry sorted to suspend the additive, what goes on if your bike sits during winter, what do you have on fire up in the spring? Maybe Agip is meant for constant and immediate use, then is to be drained and dicscarded. Lots of SG rated oils out there that dont have this issue. If I pull a cover off an engine and see any buildup whatsoever, that indicates a problem. :!:

I am confident that additives would get back into suspension, what with the natural movement of the motorcycle. At least with the hell-be-damned way I ride.

Interesting topic. Glad Agip answered so quickly. Some corporations would have let it go unanswered.

• 11 months later...

Fast forward a year, time to change the oil again so I go into the dealer to get some supplies.

"Sorry I am right out of Agip in the 1 Liter bottles but if you bring in a jug I will fill it out of our bulk container, it's cheaper that way"

Being the cheap bastard I am I thought "that's a good idea" but hang on a minute, what happens to the oil in bulk, wouldn't all the good stuff settle on the bottom, I'm willing to bet they don't agitate the drum.

See the response I got from Agip when I enquired about the sludge

Agips Response.jpg