Ipothesys

Guzzirider

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you cut the steering head and re-weld it back on at a more reasonable angle (24 or so degrees) along with changing the offset to maintain trail at around 100mm then it is just a cosmetic dress up on a bike that does not need cosmetic help. It needs less weight and more rake.

... and less rake.

There, fixed it for ya! :thumbsup:

My understanding tho' is that the Griso isn't all raked out like the H-D V-Rod, it just has a long wheelbase that slows things down. I could be wrong tho', I haven't paid all that much attention to the Griso other than looking at it. For those who've never seen one up close, they look MUCH better in 3d than in pics: I positively loathed the looks of the concept bike that got so much press until Guzzi finally displayed one at the CWIMS show in Long Beach about 5 years ago now; then I became a convert. [unlike the V-Rod, which looks just stupid in photos AND in the flesh, & feels even dumber when you take one for a test ride. H-D realllly needs to do a rethink on that one!]

• 1 year later...

In some of the US mags there is a blurb that the Ipothesys outfit is offering kits to convert a Griso. It does look very cool to me. I just love the design. If you go to the Ipothesys web site they have a decent bit of info. I've tried signing up to their newsletter several times but something goes wrong and I just get a "Page Not Available" return message.

It's tempting to find a crashed late model Griso and build up a sweet cafe bike using their kit.

... and less rake.

There, fixed it for ya! :thumbsup:

My understanding tho' is that the Griso isn't all raked out like the H-D V-Rod, it just has a long wheelbase that slows things down. I could be wrong tho', I haven't paid all that much attention to the Griso other than looking at it. For those who've never seen one up close, they look MUCH better in 3d than in pics: I positively loathed the looks of the concept bike that got so much press until Guzzi finally displayed one at the CWIMS show in Long Beach about 5 years ago now; then I became a convert. [unlike the V-Rod, which looks just stupid in photos AND in the flesh, & feels even dumber when you take one for a test ride. H-D realllly needs to do a rethink on that one!]

Well, 26.3 degrees of rake is not quite as much as a V Rod. But it is a lot to me. I have never owned a bike with that shallow a rake angle before. The Griso still handles well in spite of that but the steering is less then quick. Between the rake and the wheel base it is a freight train. At least by my standards.

To me it is a bit of a couch, but I used to tour on an FZR 400. Other then I wish I had an 8 valve motor I am happy with the Griso, but it does not have the magic of the V11 or my Daytona.