SO I go to the chemist (pharmacy for my overseas Guzzisti) to collect my drugs and start chatting to the chemist himself. A big Spanish guy... as I was wearing my leathers he started talking about bikes...'I've got a Suzuki Gladius' he said. :whistle:

This got me thinking...which bikes would you consider a little lacking in the butch factor (this is not a a sexist or homophobic thread just a bit of fun to trash bikes!!!!!) The Gladius certainly hits the list and IMO the V11 is probably as far from the list as you can get.

SO I go to the chemist (pharmacy for my overseas Guzzisti) to collect my drugs and start chatting to the chemist himself. A big Spanish guy... as I was wearing my leathers he started talking about bikes...'I've got a Suzuki Gladius' he said. :whistle:

This got me thinking...which bikes would you consider a little lacking in the butch factor (this is not a a sexist or homophobic thread just a bit of fun to trash bikes!!!!!) The Gladius certainly hits the list and IMO the V11 is probably as far from the list as you can get.

I thought a few moments before posting this reply as a Guzzi rider but personally I couldn't give a monkies.

Many years ago 3 women arrives a the Sligachan camp site on Guzzis and in conversation they made it clear their lesbian leanings. To be honest this left me with the lingering thought that Guzzis must be 'dykes bikes'. This was reinforced a year later when talking to a stocky big handed 'woman' at a local university. She went on to tell me she was trans-gender having been a Regimental Sargent Major in a Scottish regiment. As I went out to my then bike a Kawa 750 she started to tell me of her last bike that was also a Guzzi :grin:

Years later I tried a Guzzi California and although I found it interesting I was not sold. Then V11 and that was it my bike for life :thumbsup: 'Dykes bike'? I couldn't give a f*ck. :bbblll:

Right, that's taken a grand of every V11, must be time to buy another :race:

Many years ago 3 women arrives a the Sligachan camp site on Guzzis and in conversation they made it clear their lesbian leanings. To be honest this left me with the lingering thought that Guzzis must be 'dykes bikes'. This was reinforced a year later when talking to a stocky big handed 'woman' at a local university.

Well, that makes it official: Guzzis are butch bikes. As opposed to femme ones. ^_^

Many years ago 3 women arrives a the Sligachan camp site on Guzzis and in conversation they made it clear their lesbian leanings. To be honest this left me with the lingering thought that Guzzis must be 'dykes bikes'. This was reinforced a year later when talking to a stocky big handed 'woman' at a local university.

Well, that makes it official: Guzzis are butch bikes. As opposed to femme ones. ^_^

Ha :rolleyes: Would that I was as bright as that :grin:

There goes the cheap V11 strategy

I know plenty of girls who ride V11s, including my wife so it is obviously a complete girl's bike.

A real hairy chested raw steak eating bear wrestling brute of a man would ride a Daytona RS of course, before going home to press some flowers.

...Many years ago 3 women arrives a the Sligachan camp site on Guzzis and in conversation they made it clear their lesbian leanings. To be honest this left me with the lingering thought that Guzzis must be 'dykes bikes'. This was reinforced a year later when talking to a stocky big handed 'woman' at a local university. She went on to tell me she was trans-gender having been a Regimental Sargent Major in a Scottish regiment. As I went out to my then bike a Kawa 750 she started to tell me of her last bike that was also a Guzzi :grin: ....

That's its nature, best described here:

. Really like the idea :)

Hubert

Isn't a "Gladius" the sword the Roman Army used to conquer the known world, and kill all who attempted to oppose them? :whistle:

...notice anything else about the outfit?

Yup, proof positive it takes a REAL man to feel comfortable in anything red, what a fruity color...regardless of if it's a skirt, a motorcycle, whatever. This thread is making me tho angry, I feel like I could just go out and crush thumbody's daffodils!!! Oh golly, now I've gone and made myself feel positively Brutish.