Is this some sort of "quick throttle"?

Greybeard

Changing my bars back to clip-ons, I needed to disassemble the twist grip to re-route the cable and when I went in to pull the cable out of the grip "scroll, circle, thingie" I noticed a second set of holes the cable end could sit in.

These are further out toward the edge of the white plastic circle the cable end anchors in.

I put the cable end in there and damn if it doesn't have faster action!

Well, of course it would being out further but is it designed that way to give you a choice?

Changing my bars back to clip-ons, I needed to disassemble the twist grip to re-route the cable and when I went in to pull the cable out of the grip "scroll, circle, thingie" I noticed a second set of holes the cable end could sit in.

These are further out toward the edge of the white plastic circle the cable end anchors in.

Well, of course it would being out further but is it designed that way to give you a choice?

I think it is the cost-reduction. Parts same as on aprilias and etc (those with two wires on gas command)

Also, later models of V11 has two wires instead of one.

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate!

Much better with piccies though, eh?

TWISTGRIP002.jpg

When I took it apart the cable end was in the upper hole in the picture, closer to the center.

Suppose I should just put it back where it was, I'm wobbly enough as it is!

You're welcome!

So you have single wire trottle butterfly V11? I guess...

Quick trottle on big Vtwin can be quite tricky, and seems to me bit useless for road use...

edit: I found very very cheap quick trottle from Acossatto... for GP125ccm bike. Worth a try.

Well... the whole travel of gas on Sport 1100 reducted to 1/4 turn of wrist with the quick gas. So I sold it.

I think it is the cost-reduction. Parts same as on aprilias and etc (those with two wires on gas command)

If it was twin cable throttle assy then the other cable position would be on the opposite side.

Ciao

If it was twin cable throttle assy then the other cable position would be on the opposite side.

Ciao

maybe, maybe not

74748.jpg

I believe the disk gets flipped over and snapped back onto the throttle barrel and the other hole can be used.

Most likely a cheap adjustment for different throttle body cams. The outer hole will only increase the throttle pull ratio during initial throttle opening. The profile of the throttle cam and throttle body cam determine the opening ratio after that. Larger throttle cam with a small TB cam equal a quicker turn ratio, the opposite would also apply. Normally a progressive opening is desirable, low ratio at initial and partial opening, quick after half throttle. Many throttle body cams often have a snail shape (stamped metal, easy), while the throttle tubes are circular (cheap and keeps the throttle cable secure, less likely hood of it binding out of its track).