Ok, so where are all of the...

Animal Mother

Oddly enough, I've seen several on Ebay (UK) of late after hardly ever seeing them there before - and not much interest shown in them, presumably because the opening bids were set too high.

There are also several on MCN right now.

You will be lucky if you see a cafe sport for sale- not many around at all.

If its the Ohlins you crave then the Scura / Scura R / Coppa Italia / Nero Corsa / Rosso Corsa all have Ohlins suspension- Scuras probably turn up more often than the rest.

If its the Ohlins you crave then the Scura / Scura R / Coppa Italia / Nero Corsa / Rosso Corsa all have Ohlins suspension- Scuras probably turn up more often than the rest.

Excellent.Thank you for the advice. It is the shiny bits that I want. :thumbsup:

Excellent.Thank you for the advice. It is the shiny bits that I want. :thumbsup:

Be aware that unless it has been changed out, the Scura will have the single plate clutch.

]

Be aware that unless it has been changed out, the Scura will have the single plate clutch.

Translation: 'the one that goes bang'. Or so I understand, thanks entirely to the very wise people on this wonderful forum. :)

There IS a brand new 2004 MGS on Ebay UK at the moment.

If you can afford it...

There are also 4 V11s for sale on WildGuzzi

I can't see the ebay one. Do you have a link?

The WildGuzzi ones are on the wrong continent. :doh:

I'm in the U.S., so can't help you find a bike, but (at the risk of starting a mjor flameout) I'm not so sure why the Ohlins are a big concern for you. Granted, my Rosso has the standard suspension, but, unlike a lot of bikes, I never felt going to an Ohlins setup was going to make a huge amount of difference.Whatever handling issues it has aren't due to the dampers, but to it's design, weight and distribution. That said, after some experience riding it, it is a fine handling bike. All of the tests I have ever read of any variation of the V11 with Ohlins have had some pretty negative comments on the handling, much more so that on the stock setup. I'd urge you to find a clean, well-maintained bike, and not get hung up on the gold bits.

Too bad you aren't looking to buy stateside - I have seen some really fine V 11's, with thousands of dollars of goodies on them, for some very low prices. I don't want to ever sell mine!

I'm in the U.S., so can't help you find a bike, but (at the risk of starting a mjor flameout) I'm not so sure why the Ohlins are a big concern for you. Granted, my Rosso has the standard suspension, but, unlike a lot of bikes, I never felt going to an Ohlins setup was going to make a huge amount of difference.Whatever handling issues it has aren't due to the dampers, but to it's design, weight and distribution. That said, after some experience riding it, it is a fine handling bike. All of the tests I have ever read of any variation of the V11 with Ohlins have had some pretty negative comments on the handling, much more so that on the stock setup. I'd urge you to find a clean, well-maintained bike, and not get hung up on the gold bits.

Too bad you aren't looking to buy stateside - I have seen some really fine V 11's, with thousands of dollars of goodies on them, for some very low prices. I don't want to ever sell mine!

That's because you live in the land of straight roads. ;)

Whereas I live in twisty road heaven. :race:

Just kidding. I agree, there's so much more choice in the US.

I definitely want the ohlins though,it's just a matter of personal choice as they do give a better ride and I think they are better cosmetically.