PCIII Custom Maps

Guest Scura Owner

Guest Scura Owner

JohnInNH and everyone else-Could you please up load your new custom map? Or show how it differs to the 01 map? Some of us are no where near a tuning center. I am also curious how much variance from bike to bike.

Could you also show the before and after power curves? I dyno my Scura (stock) and got 77hp and 61.4ft-lbs.

Thanks in advance

Guest JohnInNH

The Custom Map I had made for my bike was for the stock airbox, stock air filter with Stucchi x-pipe, and Mistral CF Ovals.

This map would be no good for a bike with out the same equipment.

FYI my peak #'s are similar to yours. 77.4/77.9 HP, 60 torque.

I'm sure airbox + filter changes would make a big difference. I chose to keep the stock setup.

Unfortunatly I did not have a dyno run with the bike stock.

FYI: The M706.003.map I was using gave me 71.7 HP and 58.5 torque, and was a lot richer. Now I get 6 more HP and have a much better Air fuel ratio. The "zero map" was WAY to lean and not safe for the valves.

If I had a lot of $ I would like see how the 100% stock bike Dynoed, and stock cross over and Mistrals worked. I have the dreaded 4/2K torque dip. But I DO have a smooth HP curve.

Guest marcialc

so far, i'm running the stock 2000 V11 Sport map (M706-001.map) for my stock scura.

I haven't noticed any major difference between the PCIII w/ -001 map and the stock ECU map, other than slight improvement in on/off throttle response.

I will have the bike dynoed for a custom map once I upgrade the x-over and slip-ons in the near future. However, in the meantime, I want to make sure that using the -001 map will not have any adverse effect on the bike.

Does anyone have a better map for the stock Scura other than the -001 map?

-thnks

Guest JohnInNH

I'm not sure if the Stucchi x-pipe is any better than the stock pipe. I wish I had the time and $ to see which is really better. From what I have seen and read the stock crossover may not be that bad. The Stucchi x-pipe does give you better access to the tranny drain plug though. Which in it's self is worth it. (In my 96 Cal 1100i the x-over sucked the life out of the bike.)

I think the next thing I need to do is the intake side. Air box mods, and filter change. ... but that may wait till I do head work.

For now I'm going to wait to see what come up for air box/filter combos. If an easy mod with some proven gains of substance comes up, I may make the changes and pay for the re mapping. The bike runs so sweet now waiting is no problem. ;) I can't afford to have a custom map made for every little tweak. If something good comes up I will consider it.

This tank got 39 mpg. The improved drive ability, easy tranny oil drain access, and sweet sound have made me one happy camper.

I did not feel good about running an unproven map in a stock 2002 as there is no map for one. *I* would run the zero map in a stock bike until I had a custom map made. That's due to my ignorance. I have no clue if the base (stock in the bike) map is any different from a 2000 vs a 2002 or 2003

When I changed my exhaust I could tell the base map was way to lean so I did not drive the bike until I put the 003 map into the PC-III. (from the Power Commander web page.) Then I only drove minimally until I had the custom map made. The 003 map was for Mistral x-pipe and Mistral slip-ons. Close enough so I felt comfortable I would not damage the bike.

Maybe Todd E. knows if someone has a 2002 V11 map for a stock bike.

I have the Stucchi crossover on mine with the Mistral mufflers.

The crossover made a very immediate and noticeable improvement in the midrange, with no change in the top end hit above 6000 rpm. And this was before the addition of the PCIII.

There is a dyno chart of my bike completely stock posted at the guzzitech.com site that shows 79 hp and 64 ft lbs of torque. I have not had a chance to get a custom map for the PCIII yet, but it is very high on my list.

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

Well... I guess your bike makes more HP STOCK than mine makes with the stucchi x-pipe and mistral slip ons and PC-III with custom map. How about that! hummm... <_<

Do you have a stock air box and filter?

I have the stock airbox and filter. The only mods are the balance tube between the intakes, the Stucchi crossover, the Mistral mufflers, and the PC III.

I am fairly certain that trying to compare my dyno run results obtained in the SoCal high desert on a pretty warm October day last year with those from a dyno of a potentially different design (eddy current VS inertial) are probably not very conclusive. L&L Motorsports is the local Dyno Jet center for Willow Springs raceway, and I believe that the unit they use is of the inertial type, which generally produces slightly higher numbers compared to the eddy current type.

The only valid comparisons are those made using the same bike on the same dyno, meesathinkin'.

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

• 1 month later...
Guest toutizes

I have a '00 V11S (15k miles, 24k km) with Mistral slip-ons. After I put the mistrals on the dealer used the Guzzi software to enrich carburation below 3000 RPM.

It was running OK but not great, with black soot at the exhaut tips and a not so good mileage (32-33 mpg, 7.3 l/100km). So I got a PCIII and installed it yesterday.

Here is the question:

As the PCIII maps seem to be *deltas* applied on top of the map in the original ECU, do I need to have my dealer reset the ECU to the initial factory settings if I want to use the downloadable maps? (As my ECU has a richer map a < 3000 it seems that I'd still be too rich with the PCIII..)

Any insight appreciated!

Thansk in advance

Toutizes,

Ideally when someone posts a map, they should use stock settings, whatever they are, or specify what they changed. The bike should be freshly tuned, ie. TPS set, valves set, Throttle bodies set, and the CO set to stock. So yes, if your dealer enriched it, it will throw off the mapping. Keep in mind that all bikes are different and your best result will of course come from Dynoing YOUR bike. That being said, if you don't have time and money to dyno yet, or the have your dealer set you back to stock, go ahead and put on the map that is closest to your setup, then tweak the buttons to lean it out in the lower RPMS. If you start getting rough running, popping, etc., you will know it is too lean. Once you figure out how the buttons help the map, you can modify the map to not require the buttons. Setting up maps is fun, but if you have any doubts that you are making it way too rich or lean, see the pros asap to have it dyno'd.

I found the 001 map really helped my stock bike, but increased fuel consumption. I am now on my 2nd modification of the 001 map. The bike is feeling quicker and more consistent through the power band. I also eliminated some pinging that I was getting above 5000rpm at mid throttle. I am probably getting one or two MPG better, 33 to 35 change. I think 40 MPG is realistic for my bike, and still have it running smoothly and powerfully. It takes a lot of riding to figure out where it can be leaned out or enriched. Someone who is experienced with seat of the pants jetting could do a better job. But, a dyno run would take away all the guess work and create a near perfect map, in about an hour(theoretical time, shop time may be longer).