Grinding the side stand

PeteTW

At last I was able to throw the V11 round some DRY roads, after utterly the wettest spring I can remember, including a long sweeping left hander grinding away the side stand in the process - happy days!

I'm not too sure about getting that sort of lean in the wet! especially not on these greasy roads...although a pillion and luggage would help. Nice one

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't scrubbed the stand since setting up my preloads and beefing up the springs. I'd like to say I dropped a few pounds of my own, but I know the truth would find me out. :blush:

Only had my side stand down on one day, but repeatedly on that day circulating Oulton Park on that long long left hander heading up to that "not really a hair pin". Ground it lap after lap once I found the line.

Respect to those that have on the road. :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Only had my side stand down on one day, but repeatedly on that day circulating Oulton Park on that long long left hander heading up to that "not really a hair pin". Ground it lap after lap once I found the line.

Respect to those that have on the road. :notworthy:

Need to update this comment.

Only had my side stand down on trackdays. Circulating Oulton Park 7 years ago and on Monday June 18th 2012 at Snetterton 300. :thumbsup:

181826_409897122396034_412005471_n.jpg

...that long long left hander heading up to that "not really a hair pin"...

Island? It's pretty quick there :thumbsup:

Did you cut the rubber stop back yet? Or just remove sidestand in paddock - see in photo how restricting it is.

What tyres?

I love Oulton Park. Very flowing but technical too - over Clay Hill thru Druids is real interesting. Always thought it'd be too fast for the Guzzi, but the chicanes slow the back part down & when you ride it, the straights are shorter & more complex than they look from spectating.

KB :sun:

Oulton%20Park%20jpeg.jpg

Pirelli Diablo's (but a corsa on the front).

It has happen once in the last six years, so I have not played with side stand stop.

Have lifted the RH exhaust 3/4" after dragging it around Mallory Park.

• 2 weeks later...

At last I was able to throw the V11 round some DRY roads, after utterly the wettest spring I can remember, including a long sweeping left hander grinding away the side stand in the process - happy days!

I found when I ground the stand the engine cut out!! ooooer..

so I took it off....bit of an issue when I stop an get off the bike now.... :stupid: