track day venture on the V11

galaxiid

Took the V11 out on a track day which was a new experience for me. Had about 5 15minute sessions on track. By about the third session got into the groove. A mix of bikes on track in my group. See here for a full line up of the bikes in the group: https://plus.google.com/photos/115106741201952491972/albums/5743809388564998673?banner=pwa

A great chance to really open up the V11 and boy it was at the throttle stop much of the time and near the rev limiter.

I loved the day!

The rear tyre was brand spanking new on the day (pirelli diablo strada) so took some scrubbing in. The track was cold and a bit damp in places so slippery & cautious at first.

I've never had a bike on track before so was slightly nervous of what to expect....

I'm going to have to get the fuelling fully sorted on my bike as it continues to choke & spit & fart & pink at low throttle settings. That would be the only thing that wasn't quite right...it doesn't pull smoothly from lower in the rev range, it had to be thrashed almost to the limiter to get some go from it. Or am I lacking 20 odd horses? Might start another thread on this topic cause I really want to sort it and I know the good people here will have the answers.

It does have a PCIII and a BMC filter so I'll richen it up and have a play, for now.

G3 (256).JPG