Guzzi Ireland 27-29 July

Last weekend in July

The Northern Ireland Guzzi group (sort of group) is wanting to get a run to meet-up with others South of the border – and there has been renewed interest from the Eire Guzzis to get-together: so a 2012 plan is shaping up for a meet in the South West of Ireland.

There may be both camping and B&B options. Details will be posted when known.

If interested, post your name.

Kerry/Killarney area, 26/27 to 29 July 2012 smile.gif

Its too late for me to request it off, but if I am free, I'll be there with bells on.

I won't know until middle of june...

Looks like it could be the Allihies area. Very nice location.

• 3 weeks later...

Its too late for me to request it off, but if I am free, I'll be there with bells on.

I won't know until middle of june...

Looks like it could be the Allihies area. Very nice location.

Hi Dave, have you any more info. regarding the meet up in late July? I presume it's the same as the one I've just agreed to go to on the MGClub forum.(damned traitor I am)

Not been around for some time; not since a serious fire at my workshop in July last.My fault,alas, but with all the relocation and insurance haggling I have not had the time to do anything else.

Thankfully Insurance Co. have now accepted liability so I can start things again.

I've already decided to treat myself to another Guzzi or two.Not sure whether to get a Mk1 Lemon or a Daytons Rs type thing.

Hope your O.k. and hope to see you soon.

Andy

That's grim bad news, Andy. Fortunate, at least, that the insurance will help.

I've posted in the Club forum and sent to some people in an email >

As discussed over the last year... there will be a summer get-together in the South of Ireland. There will be camping and probably B&B-type accommodation. 27 - 29 July http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14732&PID=182346#182346

Location > Alihies, Ring of Beara, West Cork-South Kerry http://www.bearatour.../ringbeara.html If you intend to go, add your name. Cheers: here's to the sunny south-west.

• 1 month later...

Bugger bugger bugger.

I'm not going to make it, I'm working all that weekend.

Typical.

Ach, what a shame, it's so handy to you too.

I hope that there is dry weather. I need this to be a recreational break (from work and stuff) and don't want to be slogging down the length of Ireland in the lashing rain that has been our summer so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Well so much for that.

The most unreliable, cursed Griso does its useless thing again.

At first toll booth a third of the way down Ireland, push starter button to restart – and nothing.

Kept trying for a couple of hours, bike sitting at side of the motorway. Usually this intermittent factory in-built problem is entirely whimsical and after a period the bike will decide to start. This time, not a flicker of life.

Eventually scavenged some wire from the bike plus a bit of tying wire that I had and bypassed the Griso's own scummy wiring to turn the starter with a direct feed from the battery. Headed home, intent to not stop: luckily just about within a full tank range and I had refilled a few miles back. Sat at home last night with packed bags and non-starting Guzzi gloating outside.

Shame. Have been talking about this trip to meet up with Southern Guzzis for the past 2 years and looking forward to this weekend as my main holiday break this year.

F*** that's a shame. Can you bump start them things?

Bah! Just shoot the F***in thing, seems like it's been nowt but trouble.

Sorry to hear you missed your holiday. Good luck, you deserve some. KB