electrical issues

df2

I used black as all the other grounds on the bike are black (I always thought they were green) but considering the wire runs from mounting bolt to timing bolt, I think anyone else will get that it is ground, but I do get your point, especially on hot wires as it makes sense to stick with the wiring diagram key.

So next question, where is the neutral switch located?

PS. every time you guys mention a part, I go to manual to figure out what it looks like and where it is. You might as well say the thingy next to the whatmamachalit. I'm not that bad

but I did mix up the regulator with ecu.... :D

But thanks for all your help, each of you!

Believe it or not, it's on the transmission. :rasta: In the back on the left side.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck wrote "Believe it or not, it's on the transmission. :rasta: In the back on the left side"

When you find it with the key On short the terminal to ground. This should make the lamp turn on checking out the wiring. I haven't had one apart but apparently the switches are just a crude metal contact.

The lampholders in my dash were a problem, you have to have the right lamp base (wire on one side only or they cause a short circuit, I ended up replacing the lamps with LEDs I just soldered onto the wires.

The oil pressure switches are also very un-reliable, they open ok but can't be relied on to close again. The last one I bought only lasted a couple of weeks.

LED Panel Lamps.pdf

Have Fun

Roy