Thinking about a 2002 Lemans

thebronze

And when you get around to wanting to 'unleash the sound', then get a set of mistral mufflers and stucchi crossover. Enrichen the mixture a bit via the TPS and you will be good to go.

I wish, those are really nice and expensive. Right now i'm just trying to fix the oil leak and get the maintenance done. I will probably have to settle for some cone eng. reverse megaphones.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this problem and the solution turned out to be valve adjustment. There was zero clearance on the exhaust side and .005" on the intake. Everybody should check their valve clearance if they have the stumbeling problem.

OK i've got a few miles on the bike now and some concerns have surfaced. The bike has a stumble/misfire at low rpms. It only seems to do this when its warmed up. Typical instance would be after about 10 minutes of riding in near 100f heat. Pulling away from a stop sign in first and the bike lurches and pops into a misfire. Its enough to feel the momentum on the bike stop before it catches and then i'm on my way. It has happened at speeds under 50mph too, kind of a stumble, not as bad at those speeds but from a stop its annoying as hell. I cant say ive encountered this on my previous bikes so i'm not sure where to start looking. I found a post from the PO and he mentioned detonation that was helped by the raceco valve specs. I'm using high octane gas and the raceco specs. I would really appreciate any help with this.