Caught speeding

Admin Jaap

Here in the States, the excess speed is relative to the posted limit. As in 75 kmh in a 20 zone could be interpreted differently than 165 in a 110 (100 mph in a 70 mph zone ala "interstate highway"). Either would get you a mighty ticket here and every thing over 90mph (145 kmh) could be "reckless driving" - perhaps bike impound and off to jail.

I suppose the authorities were using radar and didn't just pull up alongside in their 5 Series Bimmer as if to pass?

Speed was measured with a lasergun, no escape there. Only thing I can do is write a letter to the prosecutor's office, stating that I really need my license to earn a living and that 2 months without it will cost me about 5 times the penalty of € 400,- Then you just have to hope for their lenience.

BTW, radar detectors are strictly forbidden in this country!

That's a bummer, especially over summer.

Exceeding the limit by more than 40kph here is loss of licence and around $700 fine and radar detectors are strictly illegal.

Gavo, you can add have the bike confiscated under anti hoon laws , and from memory down in Vic the threshold for loss of license has been reduced to 25 k over!

There is a lot to be said for sticking to the back roads.....

Only thing I can do is write a letter to the prosecutor's office, stating that I really need my license to earn a living and that 2 months without it will cost me about 5 times the penalty of € 400,- Then you just have to hope for their lenience.

Would it help if we all wrote a letter to the prosecutor telling him what a fine upstanding citizen you are and that without your licence we will all suffer?

..at least you could reply you had to visit the V11 meetings round NL for propelling your business. Here it's possible to shift the walking time to a season when you don't need your ride, hollidays for instance.

Hubert