MGCGB

PeteTW

Dear all,

I just got my MG Club membership renewal letter...

I thought apart from copies of Gambalunga which contained no articles about V11s at all over the last 12 months and barely any references to them...what exactly did I get from my membership?

This led me to ask myself am I a Guzzi fan generally or a V11 fan specifically. It may come as no shock that although I can appreciate other models (especially the early 850 Le Mans, the 1000s, Daytona and of course MGS) no was the real answer, In fact a Cali/Nevada etc is my idea of hell.

This forum however is OUSTANDING and has genuinely saved me wasted money and effort :notworthy:

I have therefore decide to donate to the forum instead of renew my MGCGB membership.

I thank you

Pete

Dear all,

I just got my MG Club membership renewal letter...

I thought apart from copies of Gambalunga which contained no articles about V11s at all over the last 12 months and barely any references to them...what exactly did I get from my membership?

This led me to ask myself am I a Guzzi fan generally or a V11 fan specifically. It may come as no shock that although I can appreciate other models (especially the early 850 Le Mans, the 1000s, Daytona and of course MGS) no was the real answer, In fact a Cali/Nevada etc is my idea of hell.

This forum however is OUSTANDING and has genuinely saved me wasted money and effort :notworthy:

I have therefore decide to donate to the forum instead of renew my MGCGB membership.

I thank you

Pete

Patronising pish.

A lot of what you get out of a club can depend on what you are prepared to put into it and what your expectations are. I have found the MGCGB a very comfortable place and I have made a lot of very good friends without pretence and had great times with them.

I also really enjoy being part of this forum, being concentrated on mainly one model I find it a huge resource for v11 community.

Pete TW, did you ever ride a different Guzzi? If you're just going by looks, you might be surprised how some of the others ride. All big block Tontis share v similar basic architecture. I love LM's & dropped-bar bikes but found Calis also a real hoot to ride. A Centauro might look weird but isn't a million miles from a Daytona. However...I'm afraid I can't offer an excuse for the Nevada.

MGCGB: I'm not a member but I visit the forum http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/forum/default.asp .

KB :sun:

I've ridden a few and enjoyed most of them in different ways, I'd love to ride an MGS, I love sports bikes and the guzzi engines what could better? I'm not a huge fan of Cali/custom style riding position. All of the models I've ridden have had addictive engines, patchy gearboxes although my V11 box is one of the nicest I've ever used on any make.

A lot of what you get out of a club can depend on what you are prepared to put into it and what your expectations are. I have found the MGCGB a very comfortable place and I have made a lot of very good friends without pretence and had great times with them.

I also really enjoy being part of this forum, being concentrated on mainly one model I find it a huge resource for v11 community.

Absolutely.

Agree with Mad and HaydnR.

Shouldn't be a choice between the MGCGB or this Forum - both deserve full support. Guzziland ain't big enough to be too fractional. We are lucky to have such quality resources.

• 2 weeks later...

However...I'm afraid I can't offer an excuse for the Nevada.

I never would have bougt a Nevada, but having access to an 07 ie version in my garage and taken it on a 1000 mile jaunt round Scotland this spring I feel able to defend this little Guzzi.

It is economic and easy to ride.

It has all the power you will ever need (although perhaps not all you may want).

It has a low seat height for the vertically challenge.

It has loads of luggage potential.

Granted, it is not suitable for any serious two up work.

If you like to taken in the views on the way rather than just dual with the tarmac, it has i's merits.

I chose to take the Nevada round Scotland over my V11 and consider I made the right decision.

Horses for courses.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I would say Guzzi GB is a great club, magazine well made and informative, albeit recently not covering V11. Perhaps its because no one has offered an article on them? Last one was sold new a good few years ago now...

V11Le Mans is brilliant site too. Very informative on all things Guzzi and esp the V11......loads of worldwide input to draw on....which of course Guzzi Club GB doesnt enjoy....and of course GB covers ALL Guzzi models old and new...

As for slating the Calli....its a worldwide success,thousands sold....once owned and ridden most owners keep them for years.....I lucky enough to own a V11 and a Calli and they both have strong/weak points it depends on what you want from a bike on a particular day...I love emm both....so much soul....but very different.

What they do have in common is the shite backup from Guzzi in the UK....no better now Piaggio in charge,all they want to do is make lots of money from sales of bikes every year...there is still little customer service/interest in owners from the factory.

I hear Piaggio have dumped lots of older spares and scrapped the old tooling that made them....now many older parts are in short supply or simply unavailable and older bikes are off the road for want of parts...

Anything over ten years old is at risk of being discontinued apparently.....so wont be long before our V11s are scrap.....due to lack of spares..

I cannot buy a new fuel tank for my Rosso apparently anymore....and the Ethanol is eating away at it...

So to finish, there a place for both Guzzi GB and V11LeMans.com,we need emm both! :thumbsup: