Tank lines again probably

motowarren

So I'm ready to put my tank back on. Fuel lines are no problem. However there are 2 vent fittings under the tank. I assume I can T them and run them to the ground. I have a hose under the tank that goes to ground but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. It is the picture enclosed. Last thing is where does the small hose (tank pressure?) go from the regulator

moto 003 (Large).JPG

moto 004 (Large).JPG

The two nipples are the overflow (fuel filling) and the vapor vent. Looking down at the tank with the cap open, you can see which is which. (Left:overflow/ right: vent)

Yes, you can join them.

A line does return from the fuel injectors to the regulator on the right side (like 3/8" OD), but there is a deceiving "nib" appearing as a connection on the bottom of the regulator facing forward. It is open to atmosphere and has no hose connecting to it.

• 5 years later...

Resuscitating an older thread since I have my tank off, and comparing it also to the schematic from the V11 book which only shows one tube attached to the nipples, but from the view of the schematic, it seems like the tube is attached to the left nipple rather than the right one.  Either the book is wrong or the "depth perception" is misleading.  My tube is currently attached to the right nipple as it came off the bike.

Do most folks T these 2 nipple vents together, leave the left one open and the right one vented with a tube or do some other combination thereof?  

Thanks,

Resuscitating an older thread since I have my tank off, and comparing it also to the schematic from the V11 book which only shows one tube attached to the nipples, but from the view of the schematic, it seems like the tube is attached to the left nipple rather than the right one.  Either the book is wrong or the "depth perception" is misleading.  My tube is currently attached to the right nipple as it came off the bike.

Do most folks T these 2 nipple vents together, leave the left one open and the right one vented with a tube or do some other combination thereof?  

Thanks,

As fuel could come out of either of those two nipples, I would either run two lines down past the (hot) engine or T them together and run the line down past the (hot) engine.

As I recall, one is the internal tank vent and the other is the overflow drain.

Fuel on hot engine parts can lead to a bad day.

• Like 1

How are other's setup?

Left nipple open w/o a tube?

Right nipple down vented with a tube?

T-d together and vented off to the side?

Each nipple vented separately?

How are other's setup?

Left nipple open w/o a tube?

Right nipple down vented with a tube?

T-d together and vented off to the side?

Each nipple vented separately?

Mine are T'd and the exit Zip-tied to the large braided line to the back of the sump.

• Like 1

I suppose, technically, I use a "Y" to join the two hoses about 4-5"/ 100-125mm from the nipples. This proximity actually makes it a bit easier to get them plugged back in when putting the tank back on.

Just curious to compare. On my bike (02 Scura), the tank vents are not hose bibs, but rather seem to be brake bleeder nipples threaded into the tank.  Is that what others have?

I mean, that's what they look like, but there is no internal ball valve like a brake bleeder.