Brake & Clutch Fluid Caps

V11boy

Hello All

Looking at my brake & clutch fluid caps they have seen better days, was thinking about getting some Oberon or similar replacement caps. As these are not listed for a V11 does anyone know of which bike shares the same cap threads as a Ballabio? They do look very similar to my old RSV Mille (first shape), I thought someone here would know

Thanks!

:mg:

My Monster has the same reservoir caps as my Scura. It's a 2007 Ducati Monster S4RS. And they both look like crap.

I've purchased other parts from these guys before and was going to get a set of these for both of my bikes. I like the plain look.

http://www.corsair-industries.com/parts/Ducati%20Billet%20Parts/Ducati%20Bolt%20on%20Brake%20Cover/

Ducati%20Factory%20and%20Corsair%20Covers.jpg

I had RossoPuro caps once and found them unusable because they would have made impossible the breathing of the rubber cap above the brake fluid. Remove the Brembo part and inside you'll find a slot milled in for this purpose. The aftermarket parts should feature this as well.

hubert

Rosie's were nasty and corroded. I just took them off, bead blasted them, and painted them with a rattle can of automotive trim black. Look like new.

Hello All

Looking at my brake & clutch fluid caps they have seen better days, was thinking about getting some Oberon or similar replacement caps. As these are not listed for a V11 does anyone know of which bike shares the same cap threads as a Ballabio? They do look very similar to my old RSV Mille (first shape), I thought someone here would know

Thanks!

mg.gif

I wire brushed the corrosion and painted them with a matte black automotive paint.........turned out perfect !

I wire brushed the corrosion and painted them with a matte black automotive paint.........turned out perfect !

Me too. Use fancy rattle can for brake calipers. Just noticed I need to do this again.

Me too. Use fancy rattle can for brake calipers. Just noticed I need to do this again.

Good call, will try this first...

:mg:

I've done plenty of business with AF1 and recommend these aluminum caps. (You can click the pic for link.) Aprilia and Guzzi share several parts.

acagcpf04-.jpg

ACAGCPFP01-.jpg

• 1 year later...

I didn't see this thread whilst searching earlier - there was an older thread with links to Pro-Tek caps from AF1 ..?

So you purchased and are satisfied with these (Accossato) caps? Must admit I like the plain finish.

Gio

You guys keep shaming me into replacing perfectly good (but ugly) parts on my Sport. :blush:

You wouldn't feel shamed if they truly were perfectly good parts docc! Hahaha, I am just saying that so that there might be others to help share my in my disease! Not to mention my favorite saying, "If it ain't broke, keep messing with it!"

chamberlin raises an interesting point there docc ... is "bling" a disease or a simple case of self-justification ..? As Guzzisti - where do we fit on the scale of over-built Ural-practical to 100% Harley-chrome (no offence to either marque intended) ..? Not sure if we have had that debate yet but it would be an interesting one.

Speaking for myself - the Guzzi represents a unique blend of practical/easy to work-on (most of the time!) and exotic/unusual - and the latter does invite the bling demon to have his say. I love my Magni fairing - and look forward to the nice red anodised caps arriving in the mail ... the latter being justified as part of my quit-smoking program - but would probably have bought them anyway ...

Cheers!

Gio

• Like 1