Anyone going to LeMans in September ?

• 1 month later...

Right, counting the days down to my trip to Le Mans 24 hr race end of next week, so time for a quick question to keep you all occupied. Aside from a good toolkit, what else do you take on a long trip for the bike apart from the following . . .

Relays X 2

Fuses assorted

Pawl spring

spare bulbs (French law)

WD40

Gaffer tape

insulating tape

cable ties

right-angle tyre valve adapter

spool of various wires

international recovery deal

Cheers

G

Right, counting the days down to my trip to Le Mans 24 hr race end of next week, so time for a quick question to keep you all occupied. Aside from a good toolkit, what else do you take on a long trip for the bike apart from the following . . .

Relays X 2

Fuses assorted

Pawl spring

spare bulbs (French law)

WD40

Gaffer tape

insulating tape

cable ties

right-angle tyre valve adapter

spool of various wires

international recovery deal

Cheers

G

just saw the 'whats in your pants' post - git all I need thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great. I hope you got to take some of the smaller twistier roads on the trip.

The wife and I recently did our anual trip out to Indianapolis for the MotoGP races.

The track is only average but the set up for spectators as well as the way they throw a party makes it great. The roads we can take to get there and back are absolutely awesome.

This past trip was 1500 miles round trip with very little of that on highways. Most were two lane roads and less.

Sounds great. I hope you got to take some of the smaller twistier roads on the trip.

The wife and I recently did our anual trip out to Indianapolis for the MotoGP races.

The track is only average but the set up for spectators as well as the way they throw a party makes it great. The roads we can take to get there and back are absolutely awesome.

This past trip was 1500 miles round trip with very little of that on highways. Most were two lane roads and less.

The French A roads (dual lanes) are pretty good - better surfaces than the UK, hardly any traffic and lots of fast swooping bends. Nice scenery too and the weather was really good. Only stopped by the police once for a breathalyser and a papers check. They were nice as pie, and liked the Guzzi. One of those great memorable rides. Only drama was my visor saying goodbye at 90mph, one side fell out of the ratchet mechanism (AGV) as I wiped off a big bug splatter and the wind took the rest. Looks very smart now with duck tape holding it on. Arai next I think.

The track at Le Mans is good, the campsites are Bedlam - several thousand drunk bikers, huge bonfires, bikes being reved within an inch of their lives, blown engines, lots of silly stunts, you get the picture. The town was very quiet, I think they have gone out of their way to contain it all at the track this year.

I would live to do a long trip in the States, certainly on my list.

Looks like a great trip!

Did the police take a breath test or just check you had 2 kits with you?

Guy :helmet:

The Police took a breath test, they were stopping all bikers going through the 'free' toll lane. Sniffer dog as well. I took my 2 kits (£4.50 at Halfords) but they didn't check, and apparently it is not enforced until later this year. They didn't check for spare bulbs either.