V11 LE MANS REGISTRY

Bob Hartman

I don't fully understand how to register and what details you require. I must confess to being a bit nervous about publishing too many details of my bikes on an open forum - hate to come home one day and find I suddenly have plenty of space in my garage.

........ and what about us lowly V11 Sport owners? No registry for us?

• 6 months later...

I have a 2004 Nero Corsa that I acquired from a gent in Wisconsin several months ago.

Prior to that I had a 2000 V11 Sport, then a LeMans, and finally a Griso.  After trading the V11 Sport for the LeMans, and the LeMans for a BMW RT, I got a Griso which I eventually traded for a Diavel.

Lots of churn here in my garage over the years, but before long, I started pining for Guzzi. I was very happy (lucky?), to find the Nero Corsa in superb condition, so now  I'm back in Guzzi-land and feeling good again!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Bob. I have a 2003 Le Mans V11 in Red/Grey purchased in August 2013 after part exchanging my California 1100i, which I got after part exchanging my Le Mans Mk11 for after 15 years of ownership. The Mk11 was just getting too uncomfortable, (an excuse for me getting older), the Cali was too similar in purpose to another bike I own and the V11, while not being a plush ride, gives me huge pleasure and puts a grin on my face. That's what motorcycling is all about.

It draws a crowd wherever parked and certainly looks ruggedly handsome, (the bike - not me), and stands out from other sports bikes. There is a big revival of home-brewed cafe racers here in the UK, but Guzzi made this one 12 years ago!

Good luck with the register. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all- Recently purchased a low mileage '02 Champagne LeMans out of Texas.  Found some paperwork in the tail pod indicating the bike was originally sold in Alaska!!!   Rode it over to Daytona for Bike Week,  first ride over 50 miles and love it!!!  Hope to meet and greet you folks at some of the gatherings this year.

• 2 months later...

Hey

I bought a 2003 V11 Le Mans in Titanium Grey last month, to join the other bikes in the garage.  So far I'm really enjoying it, though I've just got back from 1100 mile trip around Spain on my TDM900, so it's nice to ride the Guzzi for a bit.

Happy riding everyone!

Rob