V11 LE MANS REGISTRY

Bob Hartman

That is a gorgeous Nero.

I'll add my Red LeMans to the registry:

IMG_3157.jpg

Per earlier posts, I was thinking about production numbers for the LeMans and I wonder if these bikes might be more rare than some of the "limited" editions.

According to Wikipedia, Moto Guzzi made about 5,000 motorcycles per year while the V11s were in the lineup. Let's assume, for arguments' sake, that the V11 represented about 40% of all production, or about 2,000 V11s per year. Take out some known figures on any given year, for example about 700 Scuras and about 200 Tennis in 2002, and you've got 1,100 units of production to assign to 5 or 6 other model/color variants.  Maybe a range of 100-400 units for each model/color variant would be a good assumption.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Al - nice write-up at that link. I have seen that website (but not page before) - so that's your site? Cool.

I had a Yamaha FJ1100 - but I needed to slow down, and I moved to BMWs about the same time as you got your V11. I finally got a brand-new V11 last year. It felt very much like the way you wrote about your experience.

Al - nice write-up at that link. I have seen that website (but not page before) - so that's your site? Cool.

I had a Yamaha FJ1100 - but I needed to slow down, and I moved to BMWs about the same time as you got your V11. I finally got a brand-new V11 last year. It felt very much like the way you wrote about your experience.

Heh, no the Pashnit site is not mine, but is by a guy that started out with collections of MC trip photography across California in the late 90s, which he then turned into a MC tour business (in your neck of the woods as I recall) and created a forum as well.

He collected reviews of bikes he liked, and we shared a history with the FJ, and asked me to write a review of the V11.

Always meant to join him on a ride, but then we moved from CA to NC.

Nice to see you're still with us Al!

Thanks Orson  :grin:    ....good to see many of the old crew still bouncing around, although I've read where many have moved on or also don't participate as much anymore.  That's understandable though as what was a brand new model about 15 years ago is now a "classic" and we'll probably see more old-timers like us drop as time passes and "new blood" trickle in a little less frequently.  But that's just the nature of these things, and this forum like those for other well loved makes/models will distill down to the die hard owners and those that discover the V11 later or finally capture that long dreamed chance at ownership.

...but yep, have been out of the loop for a few years now with kids, work, etc.  A new daughter back in 2004, then a move to and another within NC, house remodeling, and job change derailed riding for quite a while and the bike got mothballed and kinda forgotten while we focused on other things.

So the kids (one married, another a HS senior, and the youngest now in middle school) are getting older now and I'm tinkering with getting the bike freshened up over this autumn/winter now that my garage is a little more cleaned up.

Fortunately it remains in great shape and just really needs some fluids changed, a "tune up" and checkout, and a new battery to get it going again.  I'll probably do a bit more than that though, including cleaning up some prior work, installing my Roper plate, some new foot controls and maybe some bar risers, so it will be ship shape come spring.

One headache I'll still need to sort out is the 3-4k RPM stumble it gets once warmed up.  After the all the engine work, I never did get a chance to get it back on a Dynojet to get the PCIII properly remapped and it's been finicky ever since.  So I'll have to do some research on this new (to me) GuzziDiag, etc and see what I can do.  I'd really love to get rid of the PCIII and have the 15M ECU handle everything, so maybe that's an option now.  There's nothing wrong with the PCIII, but it would be nice to have that simpler with the 15M alone tuned to deal with the current mods.  We'll see.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Heykes everyone,

Recently signed up for the forum.

I live in Belgium and as a read in this form, I'm one of the new owners that always loved the V11 Le Mans since it came out. Never had the budget to purchasing oneuntil....

I own my 'beast', 2002 model, for two years now.

It had just 18000km on it. Now with 32500km I'm still in love. With my son and the buddies of the Guzzi club Belgium (MGCB) we do a lot of trips. It's good to read that the hiccups between 3k-4k are quite normal for the standard model. It can be fixed :-)

IMG_20160709_095404-800x600.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Heykes everyone,

I live in Belgium and as a read in this form, I'm one of the new owners that always loved the V11 Le Mans since it came out. Never had the budget to purchasing oneuntil....

It had just 18000km on it. Now with 32500km I'm still in love. With my son and the buddies of the Guzzi club Belgium (MGCB) we do a lot of trips. It's good to read that the hiccups between 3k-4k are quite normal for the standard model. It can be fixed :-)

nice shot. that could be my bike, and that could be Indiana. small beautiful world.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have repaired this problem. Mainly by setting up the throttle bodies.

I have 50,000km on my bike the bike is stock.

Heykes everyone,