V11 LE MANS REGISTRY

Bob Hartman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I guess I should post a little follow-up on my 2004 Guzzi Le Mans purchase;

I flew to Pensacola on March 16th, to ride the bike home.

Unfortunately, I made an unpleasant discovery: the odometer was stuck at 8865 miles.

I chose to play it safe and returned to the dealership. It turned out they had never ridden it. They were unaware of the issue.

So much for all the emails from the sales guy telling me the bike was fit to make the trip to H'town... I decided to fly back to Houston, and to get the bike shipped instead. At this point, I had lost confidence in what I was told.

To be fair, the manager apologized, and based on that experience, they would never take another consignment bike from anybody. They shipped the bike to my door at no extra cost. But I only got it on April 17th...

Here it is, the very day after it was delivered to me:

The bike has been fully checked by MPH Cycles in Houston, and according to them, the mileage is consistent with the bike's inspection.

The only consumables that had to be replaced were the battery and the rear brake pads. All the rest was fine.

I am now in the process of fixing the odometer, and it is on its way to Joel Levine Inc in Georgia. There is topic about it.

I am also registered for the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas, so I have done two of the stops.

I use the "TripLog" application to keep track of my mileage. It works fairly well, does not consume your battery since you only enter the start, and the end. And because I only do the "manual start", it is free of subscription. I will keep using it even after my Odometer gets fixed.

I have done about 400 miles since I got the bike. But I am not riding it until my Odometer is back.

The feeling is fantastic. I am back in the 70's when I was just taking my bike and riding with no destination. Just the pleasure to ride a motorcycle.

• Like 5

On 12/23/2020 at 7:24 PM, footgoose said:

Was it you asking about cost of aftermarket mufflers? Those look like Staintune, ...some of the best.

They are Staintune, made in Australia. Confirmed.

I could not confirm before I got the bike home. The DB killers are not in though, that's why the bike sounds loud.

Staintune has been purchased unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Great, glad it worked out. IMO it doesn't sound loud, also IMO you won't like the sound with db killers in. :race:

I liked the sound, however on the long run, it is tiring. I wore ear plugs on long distance trips.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I was a member on here until 2010, and had a red V11, CX53 EPA.

She was a casualty of a divorce, but I’m trying to find out what became of her.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

small.20221110_153922.jpg.b1c8409a437e57

I've been lurking on this site for a long time,only a member for the last couple of years since I got my new to me 2003 V11 Lemans VIN ZGUKTCxx73M111236

I always struggled posting images to this site, so I never entered my Lemans in the registry. Today's the day :rasta:

I recently stumbled on Docc's excellent instructions on how to post images in the gallery, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Once again,Tks Docc for taking such good care of us :thumbsup:

My 2003 V11 Lemans,was originally purchased at Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary,Alberta, Canada. The bike led a sheltered life only accumulating 6K kms., the owner & the V11 relocated to Kemptville, Ontario, Canada 6-7 yrs ago, where the bike was listed for sale, only an hour from my house.

I never actually saw the V11Lemans when it was for sale close by,although I spoke to the owner selling it many times.

Long story short, it slipped through my fingers and ended up in a living room as a display piece in Toronto Ontario, 3-4 hrs away.

I kept tabs on the bike and contacted the new owner,and through a bizarre set of circumstances,I received a phone call one day out of the blue,the owner of the V11 told me if I could get down there with cash on the weekend while his girlfriend was out of town I could buy the bike;which I did,lol.

I own 3 Tonti frame bikes,which I find much easier to work on and more organic and graceful in their design compared to the spine frames;but I've done a ton of niggly little jobs on the bike and I'm growing to love my V11,it is indeed a rocketship compared to my Tontis.

What I've come to love and appreciate about the spine frames and my V11,is learning about Dr John and his passion and dedication in it's development.

Seeing the design sketches by Marabese, adds to the provenance and my appreciation of this rolling piece of guzzi art history.

I've adjusted the MPH risers dozens of times and it's still a frustrating exercise getting just the perfect set up. I often think of Todd Haven (rip) and how choked up Mike Haven was when I dealt with him in obtaining this special piece of kit for my bike.

Pete with his Roper plate & the project by members here to get them made.

Lucky Phil's tranny improvements & shift linkage extension & Chuck stepping up to get them made and distributed.

Everyone that was involved in the shift spring development and manufacture.

It's heartwarming to know,that so many passionate people have been involved in the background in making my V11 Lemans, the special motorcycle it is.

Gratitude to Jaap's vision & dedication for giving us all this playground, so the magic can happen.

:notworthy::race::grin::bike::sun:

:2c:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:54 AM, 80CX100 said:

I've been lurking on this site for a long time,only a member for the last couple of years since I got my new to me 2003 V11 Lemans VIN ZGUKTCxx73M111236

I always struggled posting images to this site, so I never entered my Lemans in the registry. Today's the day :rasta:

I recently stumbled on Docc's excellent instructions on how to post images in the gallery, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Once again,Tks Docc for taking such good care of us :thumbsup:

My 2003 V11 Lemans,was originally purchased at Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary,Alberta, Canada. The bike led a sheltered life only accumulating 6K kms., the owner & the V11 relocated to Kemptville, Ontario, Canada 6-7 yrs ago, where the bike was listed for sale, only an hour from my house.

I never actually saw the V11Lemans when it was for sale close by,although I spoke to the owner selling it many times.

Long story short, it slipped through my fingers and ended up in a living room as a display piece in Toronto Ontario, 3-4 hrs away.

I kept tabs on the bike and contacted the new owner,and through a bizarre set of circumstances,I received a phone call one day out of the blue,the owner of the V11 told me if I could get down there with cash on the weekend while his girlfriend was out of town I could buy the bike;which I did,lol.

I own 3 Tonti frame bikes,which I find much easier to work on and more organic and graceful in their design compared to the spine frames;but I've done a ton of niggly little jobs on the bike and I'm growing to love my V11,it is indeed a rocketship compared to my Tontis.

What I've come to love and appreciate about the spine frames and my V11,is learning about Dr John and his passion and dedication in it's development.

Seeing the design sketches by Marabese, adds to the provenance and my appreciation of this rolling piece of guzzi art history.

I've adjusted the MPH risers dozens of times and it's still a frustrating exercise getting just the perfect set up. I often think of Todd Haven (rip) and how choked up Mike Haven was when I dealt with him in obtaining this special piece of kit for my bike.

Lucky Phil's tranny improvements & shift linkage extension & Chuck stepping up to get them made and distributed.

It's heartwarming to know,that so many passionate people have been involved in the background in making my V11 Lemans, the special motorcycle it is.

Gratitude to Jaap's vision & dedication for giving us all this playground, so the magic can happen.

The Haven Brothers are a class act.  I include Todd in the present tense because I leave my passenger pegs down on all of my machines to give rides to "selected personnel" who are no longer with us.  

It always makes me grin when I recall Todd's signature line on posts and emails after he lost a lower leg:  "Wherever I am, I'll always have one foot in Texas."  :grin:

Now ... what's the story on that Griso in your gallery?  Lovely backdrop for a grand machine.

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Hagan said:

The Haven Brothers are a class act.  I include Todd in the present tense because I leave my passenger pegs down on all of my machines to give rides to "selected personnel" who are no longer with us.  

It always makes me grin when I recall Todd's signature line on posts and emails after he lost a lower leg:  "Wherever I am, I'll always have one foot in Texas."  :grin:

Now ... what's the story on that Griso in your gallery?  Lovely backdrop for a grand machine.

Bill

When I was researching the MPH risers,I read a lot of Todd's posts,he seemed like quite the character. Paraphrasing Mike's words, "He was the best damn parts guy I ever knew,I feel at a loss without him around helping to keep things on track"

At one point I needed a sportier ride around,life always has a way of connecting dots when needed,and a smoking deal on that very well set up 2 valve 2007 Griso crossed my path. I agree with Pete Roper, they are excellent roadsters.

That waterfall backdrop for the Griso photo, is my favorite spot to stop for lunch when I'm out riding back country roads in that area. It's at the 4th Chutes on the Bonnechere River,right across the road from the Bonnechere Caves,SE of Eganville, Ont. If you open this google map link and click on the camera/photo icon on the map, you'll see a better view of the falls. A street view from that link will show you the abandoned old water mill site across the road and a wide angled shot. It's beautiful country.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Bonnechere+Caves/@45.5048469,-77.0113337,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cd15927a872fc77:0x8311a7966428f8f0!8m2!3d45.5048469!4d-77.009145?hl=en

large.IMG_20180718_133327752.jpg.9b5ba63

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, 80CX100 said:

And the hundreds of hours docc puts in to keep it all going!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

And the hundreds of hours docc puts in to keep it all going!

I try to mention Docc as often as I can,and I did at the top of my post,but I agree with you,it would be impossible for me to sing his praises and accolades too often or fervently.

This place & our bikes wouldn't run as smoothly as they do if it wasn't for Docc,the master craftsman and resident expert  of all things V11.

For an electrical luddite like myself,Docc's intimate knowledge of the V11,and his patient methodical analysis and eagerness to help us work through problems and gather and organize the right information, and point us in the right direction,is invaluable.

The V11s are a new motorcycle mystery to me,it's extremely confidence inspiring,knowing that Docc is there to hold my hand and spoon feed me the right stuff to keep my bike in fine running order.

Words can't express my gratitude for Docc's sage guidance.

:notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy:  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1