Fuel Regulator alternative

docc

Posted 8-5-2012, 12:22 AM on Technical Topics by member "twinsrule"

If you're in the market for a Fuel Pressure Regulator for your '02 Guzzi and you don't want to pay the exorbitant "dealer" price of 270.00+ USD, then NAPA auto parts is your savior. The NAPA P/N is MC26011 and costs around 57.00 USD + shipping if you order it online. It is a Weber part, it's a 3bar, and it fit my '02 Tenni. The part is also a replacement for 95-01 Harley's equipped with EFI. Mine ceased regulating and fuel was blowing by the injector o-rings and I agave up after a couple attempts of cleaning it. Gootsie is happy again and getting ridden after 3 months of down time.

My apologies if this old news here.

Link to part here

--Pete

• 3 months later...

Posted 8-5-2012, 12:22 AM on Technical Topics by member "twinsrule"

If you're in the market for a Fuel Pressure Regulator for your '02 Guzzi and you don't want to pay the exorbitant "dealer" price of 270.00+ USD, then NAPA auto parts is your savior. The NAPA P/N is MC26011 and costs around 57.00 USD + shipping if you order it online. It is a Weber part, it's a 3bar, and it fit my '02 Tenni. The part is also a replacement for 95-01 Harley's equipped with EFI. Mine ceased regulating and fuel was blowing by the injector o-rings and I agave up after a couple attempts of cleaning it. Gootsie is happy again and getting ridden after 3 months of down time.

My apologies if this old news here.

Link to part here

--Pete

NAPA doesn't have these in stock at this time. They might never stock them again, so the parts guy was nice enough to cross reference them for me. They're also used in H-D's (part #27408-01).

It was $38 at the dealership, so I picked one up to have as a spare. There is some strange writing on the regulator-not sure what it means, but it is made by Weber. If anybody knows what it means, I'd like to know.

95/E

4.0 b

regulator.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I managed to track down a replacement Weber part, but this one has 200 kpa (2 bars) stamped on it instead of 300 kpa (3 bars) on the stock part.

I'll like to know if the 100 kpa difference (1 bar) is crucial for the fuel pressure regulator?

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...